I can't change the storage to external sd card.

I can't change the storage to external sd card.

vladdarb
Regular

I have a Premium account using 

note 8 samsung 

android 8.

the crappy thing only downloads on internal and i can not change it 

spotify used to be ok , but it is getting worse and worse 

i guess they have enough users so quality goes down the drain.

switching to yt music 

5 Replies

Re: I can't change the storage to external sd card.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey @vladdarb, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

Sorry to hear this, and hopefully these steps can help you transfer info to your SD card. 

The app itself can't be moved to an external SD card but the Spotify cache which contains the music can. Make sure that you have plenty more free space on the external SD than internally and do a clean reinstall. It should then create the cache on the external card.

If that doesn't work for you, please post details of your android and spotify versions.

Let me know how this goes! 

Billy-JRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

vladdarb
Regular

hi, i tried clean reinstall couple of times, android sees the external storage and i can read and writ to it.
I feel like spotify just simply doesn't care about the subscribers, it is all about getting new ones and once you are in then you are .....
anyhow, it is hilariously stupid to expcet from a client that pays to sue a service to start debugging a piece of software and/or even reinstall it, what is next? asking me to buy a new phone and see if it works there well?
I have spotify because it is easy but apparently it is not, so youtube music here I come
but serioulsy!! storage issues?? that is the first thing an app developer learns to handle and even that is too much for spotify.
maybe they are gonna release a paid bug free app, aything for money, right?

yeah i am **bleep**, since spotify scresed me over  

Highlighted

vladdarb
Regular

i am using android 8 and i don't know and i don't care which version spotify app is 

it is on automatic update so it should work 

even a trained monkey can write a better app than this and the fact that i have to explain myself ten times and treated like i am a moron who did not even reinstalled the app makes the situation even worst.
instead of havign a costumer service spotify throws u in a pool of bunch of hobbyist that probably don't know more than me and i have to exmaplin the situation first and hope no in this case i have to start praying that i find a solution somehow.

Hey there @vladdarb,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

If you'd like to save your downloaded music to your SD card but the option doesn't show up for you, we'd recommend checking the following:

• Make sure your SD card has at least 1GB free space.
  • You can download Spotify tracks for offline listening on up to 5 devices at a time. You can check how many devices you have for offline use here. In any case, if you see more than one devices listed in duplicate, we recommend removing all your active offline devices listed and then trying a quick reinstall one last time. This will ensure that you'll be reinstalling the app cleanly.
  • Make sure your SD card is not disloged and to check it for errors. You can find out instructions on how to do that according to your SD card's manufacturer.

Keep in mind that the storage option will only appears if your SD Card is available and accessible.

Let us know how you get on.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

vladdarb
Regular

it is a 128 gb micro sd that my device recognizes 

as far as i haven't even activate the offline option on this device 

as far as i am concerend spotify is not a finished product and let's its debug and test their app. ( and chrage them to doso)
anyhow, I will turn off my notification since even moderator doesn't ahve any answer except stating the obvious.

SUGGESTED POSTS