Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't choose individual song. Only randomly

Solved!

I can't choose individual song. Only randomly

I've seem other people with the same problem, I've readen all comments and more, but issue hasn't gone. Please, I want to play the song i want without waiting all songs in the playlists to be reproduced

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

What platform are you using? If you're using the free mobile iOS or Android apps, the shuffle play option is by design. You should be able to play songs as normal on the desktop as long as you haven't hit your monthly limit.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I find it incredibly stupid on how I can only shuffle my music and not listen to individual albums without shuffle. If I can do this on my computer with the free version, I should be able to do the same on my phone. Otherwise, I'll just listen to the full albums from my phone using YouTube. It's in better quality, too! 🙂

View solution in original post

48 Replies
Marked as solution

What platform are you using? If you're using the free mobile iOS or Android apps, the shuffle play option is by design. You should be able to play songs as normal on the desktop as long as you haven't hit your monthly limit.

dinomightSpotify Star

I'm using Android. Ok. Thanks for your help. I didn't know that

No problem. Happy to help. Welcome to the community, and feel free to stop by anytime you have a question or need help!

dinomightSpotify Star

I can't choose my own songs on either my Galaxy or online.  I have a premium subscription too.

@user-removed wrote:

I can't choose my own songs on either my Galaxy or online.  I have a premium subscription too.

What do you mean "online", on the web player? 

If you have premium you should have on-demand access on all platforms, is your account definitely showing as premium on your online overview

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I was wrong about online.  It's just on my Galaxy that I can only use the shuffle option now. 

I am not a fan of that, so is there any way that can be changed?

Is it not giving you the option to select tracks or is it just playing in Shuffle mode? On Premium you should be able to turn shuffle off from the Now Playing window. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Okay, so I see where you can turn off the shuffle, thanks for that.  However, when I go to do it, it says I need to upgrade to premium to be able to do this.  I am a premium membe and it shows on my account information. 

It's not allowing me to go through with the process.  Any ideas on that?

Is it possible you are logged into a different account? It's too easy to log in with a username instead of facebook credentials or the other way around. Try logging out and back in. Also, your account overview definitely shows an active premium and not unlimited subscription?

Yes, I am logged in through my FB on both accounts and it shows my premium subscription.

I've also tried to go through the process of signing up for premium, but it is telling me that it's not available. 

This is driving me nuts.  If there is someone who knows, please let me know.

Hey. Just to make sure there's no confusion, could you please copy and paste the username and what it shows under "Subscription Status" from your account overview.

I can't really do that.  But I've checked numerous times and I'm pretty sure I'm logging in to it just fine.

Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

This is just a lie.
On iOS, you can play any song you like, whenever you like.
On android, you can only select shuffle, meaning the song you want to play could be hours away. This is ridiculous and inconsistent. Not to mention annoying.

That's not true, it's the same for ios as it is for Android. The difference comes when you compare phones with tablets, plan (i.e. free, unlimited or premium).

Please see the thread Subscription Comparison Chart for a comparison of the different subscription levels Spotify offer.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

same with me. Is there a way to fix it ? If so can you please help me?

@kristenma wrote:
same with me. Is there a way to fix it ? If so can you please help me?

Are you using the free version? If so, then this is the correct behaviour. If not, can you provide more detail? Phone, Android version etc?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Logging out and then logging back in worked for me.

Suggested posts