Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Motorola MotoG8

Operating System

Windows 10 Home Single Language

My Question or Issue

So, this method to get your music files in the mobile version of the app is not new to me, I used to do it frequently a long time ago but right now I tried and it didn't work.

I checked other topics but none seemed to help whatever if it was because I already knew what was explained or tried what was suggested and it didn't made any difference.

I found my music files and added then to the app on my desktop (there are both downloaded music and recordings of mine), I tried adding then to playlists (only one file per playlist, multiple files on the same playlist and adding to a pre-existing playlist, each option tried separately), I also added an exception to Spotify on my firewall. I connected both my desktop and my cellular in the same wifi and tried to download but it doesn't work, and it's not like it's "waiting" to download, it has the exclamation mark as in "it's not available".

Can anyone help me? (Sorry about the bad english btw).

Screenshot_20200807-094419.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Lucas_Gui!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome to the forum!

Just to double check, are you able to play the local files normally on your desktop?

It's a good idea to try a clean reinstall on your desktop and sync up the files again to make sure that they would be downloadable on your phone.

It's also important that you re-download Spotify from the Microsoft store.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you need more help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Lucas_Gui!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome to the forum!

Just to double check, are you able to play the local files normally on your desktop?

It's a good idea to try a clean reinstall on your desktop and sync up the files again to make sure that they would be downloadable on your phone.

It's also important that you re-download Spotify from the Microsoft store.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you need more help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, yes I can play the files in my desktop but now that you mentioned I don't use the Microsoft version of the app, I downloaded directly from the site, so I'll try that,

Yeah it didn't work, but thanks

Suggested posts