Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can´t find the Spotify App in the WearOS Play Store!

Solved!

I can´t find the Spotify App in the WearOS Play Store!

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Ticwatch E connected to Pixel 3

Operating System

WearOS 2.1 on Ticwatch E and Android 9.0 Pie on Pixel 3

My Question or Issue

I can´t find the Spotify App in the WearOS Play Store! The Spotify app is installed on my Pixel, but I can´t find it on the WearOS Play Store. I had it installed before I got my pixel but when i got it i had to reset the watch and couldn´t reinstall the app. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to get the app, and I agree that its pretty terrible. It won't let me play music without first opening the Spotify app on my phone. In the app I had installed before, I could play music without even opening the app on my phone. What kind of app is this?

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I have the same issue. Pixel 2 XL and Fossil Q Founder Gen 2

Same here.  They said they would be rolling out the app in the coming week on October 17.  That's over a week ago.  Where is it?

I have a friend that has a Huawei watch with wear OS 2.0 and his watch has the spotify app.  So weird.

Same here i have a Ticwatch E by Mobvoi and when i search for spotify in the play store on my watch it brings up shazam, goolge play music and loads of apps that aren't related to spotify like maps. i have got in touch with the goolge play store and they say my watch might not be compatible but i have used this application on my watch before. i have also contacted spotify and they say get in touch with the manufacturer which I have done and am awaiting response. my watch is running the newest wear os and this is also after a factory reset but was working fine before. Any Answers? 

Well, at least we are on the same page.  I too have the Ticwatch E.  I'll be watching closely to see what comes of it.  I've been hoping to control casting throughout my house on my various Google Home speakers with my watch.

I dont know why the app isnt available on the play store it was working fine when i had it before, no problems. i will reply once i have an email back from Mobvoi about the issue. its nice to know im not the only one who has the problem

This is the reply i got from Mobvoi today 

Spotify app is not stable. Sometimes it can support to be installed on Wear OS device and sometimes it can't.  I have checked on google play store. It shows not support Tiwarches now, but it showed supported in last months  You may wait for a while. It may switch again.

You may also check if it can be synced from your phone. ( In play store app on watch>> roll to the bottom, it will show the apps can sync from your phone)

Best regards,

Ticwatch team.

Obviously right now it isn't working on wear os and eventhough i have it installed on my phone it doesn't come up as one of the apps that can sync from my phone 

Thanks for the info.  This is kind of lame.  Sounds like it's only available to a select few. I wish they would stop making these big announcements getting us all excited for nothing until it's really available for the masses.

CAN SOMEONE FROM SPOTIFY PLEASE GIVE US A FIRM ANSWER? also if you are reading this, click i have this issue as well so that someone from spotify sees it. thx.

Ok, so I was just able to get the app from the Wear OS Playstore, and I have to say, what a disappointment.  Far as I can tell, it will let me play recently played music and connect to Spotify Connect connected devices, manually I might add, not by any voice command.  Am I missing something here?  This doesn't seem to be a great user experience.  You may need to update your Spotify app on your phone, I found it on the watch after I did.

Marked as solution

I was able to get the app, and I agree that its pretty terrible. It won't let me play music without first opening the Spotify app on my phone. In the app I had installed before, I could play music without even opening the app on my phone. What kind of app is this?

Same fif me. I have a Polar M600. I used to get Spotify on it, now I don't. 

I also have a Huawei watch which does have Spotify on it  WTH!!

Somebody at Spotify or wearOS need to get this sorted.

Suggested posts