Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't like or unlike songs using Spotify on android

Solved!

I can't like or unlike songs using Spotify on android

In about 7 years I haven't had any issues with the Android app, until now. I can't like nor unlike songs in Spotify, when I press the like button nothing happens, absolutely nothing.

I already rebooted my phone, cleaned the app's data and uninstalled an installed the app several times and the problem still persists. This only happens in the Android app, in the desktop app I have no problems liking new songs, yet the new songs won't appear in my liked songs playlist in the Android app.

I'm using a huawei y9 2018 with android 9,

Yes I'm a premium user and yes I'm not in offline mode.

I thank anyone in advance for their response.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @davidacastro_24,

Thanks for reaching out we'll do our best to help you sort this out.

We can start with some simples steps to make sure we've covered all bases. Can you log out > restart your phone > log back in 2 time to make sure everything is synced up?

Next we'd recommend to make sure that you have cleared your cache both from the app's settings and from your phone's settings (Settings > Apps > Find Spotify in your list of apps > Tap it and clear the storage, including the cache and data).

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that's not causing the issue, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @davidacastro_24,

Thanks for reaching out we'll do our best to help you sort this out.

We can start with some simples steps to make sure we've covered all bases. Can you log out > restart your phone > log back in 2 time to make sure everything is synced up?

Next we'd recommend to make sure that you have cleared your cache both from the app's settings and from your phone's settings (Settings > Apps > Find Spotify in your list of apps > Tap it and clear the storage, including the cache and data).

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that's not causing the issue, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Thanks for your reply.

I got in contact with the Spotify support team and we managed to fix the problem.

Hello, I'm having the same problem and i had it before as well and has to make a whole new account again. It happened again, may i please know how you fixed it?

Hey @Omika,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Does this happen on other mobile devices as well, for example you can try logging in on a friend's or a family member's account to see how it goes? 

If a family member has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

In case the issue persists, try performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. This should help you solve this. It'll also get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and fixes and will remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator

Didn't work.

Hey @Dead_inside_,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you list the troubleshooting steps you've tried from the ones @Lyubka mentioned so we can propose new ones without repeating the same ones? 

Have you tried using a different account?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

What a terrible answer, what did they say to do might helpful... to the world wide web

Can't tell if this posted... Spo what did customer support say,  might be helpful to the rest of the www

Suggested posts