Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't log in bc it says I'm offline and the usual workaround don't work

I can't log in bc it says I'm offline and the usual workaround don't work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Spain, however I moved from Lithuania exactly 15 days ago (that might be part of the problem)

Device

Samsung J7 2017

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I was listening to my music during the morning at home. I turned spotify off during lunch. I opened it again a couple hours later, says I'm logged off. I don't remember my password, click the send email link, go to email, click on the green button, get message: "this link has expired". Try again several times, emails all links I get are expired. Go to my computer desktop, reset my password there, desktop app works ok. Go back to phone, enter new password, get "you are offline" message. I'm most definitely not offline. I'm a free user so I've never toggled the offline button on the app. No adblock in my phone. 

Please help. 

3 Replies

Hey @Lituania,

Did you try and restart your device, reinstall your app? 

Here is a Post on "how to do a clean reinstall" maybe it helps.

Hope I could help you. Have a nice day 😄

Thanks for the reply. Just tried that. It doesn't work.

I honestly think it might be related with the change of country. Last time I moved abroad Spotify asked me to reset my password 15 days in.

Hey there @Lituania,

Thank you for your reply.

As a user on our free version - you can use a free Spotify account in a different country or region for up to 14 days. 

After that, you need to get Premium or change your account settings. You can find the steps here under Spotify Free.

Note: The country you're in will be the only country you'll be able to pick.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts