Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

Everytime I try to open the Spotify app in my android device, the application stops itself and it won't open, It was happening since last week, but most of the times, after a few error messages, it would open. Since this morning its not opening anymore. Please verify as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ana

7 Replies

Hey,

welcome to the community!
Could you please try to update your application to the latest version available?

Thanks 🙂

It is already the latest version!

Hey,

thanks for you quick reply. Could you please go to your device's settings → apps → Spotify → clear cache?

This may fix certain issues causing the application to crash

Hope this helps 🙂

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Nokia 3

Operating System

Android 8.1

My Question or Issue

Hey, i got exact the same issue as described in the first post. Unfortunately clearing the cache did not solve it. Other informations:

• Operation System up to date
  • Spotify up to date
  • unsuccessfully tried restart of device, fresh installation of Spotify
  • Spotify works on other devices

Greetings

Björn

Okay, thanks for your quick reply 🙂

This seems to be a bug, I'll forward it to Spotify staff and reach back to you as soon, as I have more information.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Spotify support helped me.

It seems a connected device on my account had a corrupted cache. I deleted all data in app settings, then deleted all connected devices from my account, unistall the app and install again, now it's perfectly working.

Regards,

Ana

Good evening @inhandrade,

you reached out to Spotify support and they told you a solution, is everything allright now?

@cpt_baloo To remove offline devices from the account page on Spotify.com and then reinstall the application should solve the issue.

Keep me updated!

Keep rocking 🙂

Suggested posts