Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't see lyrics with my spotify account

I can't see lyrics with my spotify account

I have Premium account since last year and the new function "lyrics" is not visible for me, I tried with my account in other cellphone and it's the same issue, I don't know if it is something with the app, my account or what. I really want to see this function but I can't and I tried several times installing and uninstalling the app, or login and logout from my account, pls help me.

I have a Motorola one with Android 9.

13 Replies

Hey there @tamynya!

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

The lyrics feature is still not available for everyone and it is in its testing stages. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

If you'd like to see the feature available for everyone you can leave a +Vote on this idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I wanna ask why my lyrics isn't working. But I believe that was only a test in Canada?. Thats a real shame and will make me second guess if the app is worth it for the premium fees. Your teams may have wanted to warn the subscribers about this before disappointing the masses of listeners. Bring back the lyrics or lose subscribers. Your call

admin, I am from indonesia and all of my friends have lyric on their spotify, its confirm that spotify in my country have this feature. I have premium acc, but why only my acc cant see the lyric?

when I change with other account in my phone, I can see the lyric even tho its not premium. Thats why this is odd, why only my account cant see the lyric? and there is no feature "Behind The Lyric"

Hey there @gelegarus!

Thanks for posting this and welcome to the Community!

We can confirm that this feature is still being tested and although it's out to a bigger procent of users in some markets, we're still can't guarantee that it's available for everyone.

If you were able to create a new account and that account has it, you can follow the steps here to transfer your tunes to that account and use it instead.

We hope this shines some light on the situation. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator

Hi. I have the same issue. I had the lyrics appear on almost every song I would play or that I had saved in my liked songs. However a couple of weeks ago I had to reset my phone so I had to reinstall everything again. When I reinstalled Spotify it was not accepting my user or password. So through the Spotify chat they helped in updating my email address. After that I was able to access my account. However the lyrics did not appear for any songs. I cleared data and cache, uninstall and reinstall and nothing seems to work... please help.

Apparently the lyrics were only a trial period

This is the best reason to quit Spotify and go to Pandora.

Lyrics woks only in new accounts, premium or free...
This is unacceptable for us as historic users.

good idea

Hi everyone!

Thanks for reaching out about this here on the Community and apologies for any confusion caused. We'll be happy to shed some light on the situation 🙂

Lyrics is currently being tested in select markets, where it's available to free users and Premium subscribers. To see what's available in your location, you can check our support site article - If the article starts with 'You can get some lyrics plus the story behind them with Spotify and Genius.' it means there are no full lyrics available in your country at the moment.

Keep in mind that we're always testing in new markets, so it's possible you'll be able to see lyrics for a short period.

For more info on lyrics, take a look at our FAQs and troubleshooting tips here.

Hope you'll find this info useful.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

No Xenia, no, I can see that the confussion is still in your side.

About your request, about the text in the article, that you said is not my case; the article Ver letrassays this:
* Inicio/ Funciones

Ver letras

1. Ve a la barra Estás escuchando que aparece en la parte inferior de la pantalla.
Importante: en la tablet, selecciona la portada del álbum que está en el menú lateral.
2. Desplázate hacia abajo para ver la letra y la historia de la canción.
It is a funtionality that work for new users in my region but not for oldest like me.

Source: https://support.spotify.com/ar/article/lyrics/

Please lets fix it for old users. Thanks.

Hi @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply. 

As @Xenia and @Elena pointed out, since the Lyrics feature hasn't been fully released it's normal to find discrepancies across accounts or devices. So it's expected that some accounts don't have it yet. 

In the meantime remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts