Country

Poland

Device

Huawei P30 Pro

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hi all, 

I tryed all tips from internet like clear cache in Instagram and Spotify app and reinstalling them. 

Still I don't have option to share on Instagram story. When I clicked more share option, I have 'direct Instagram share' so it means I can share my song only via message on Instagram.. Only one day I had option to share Spotify song on Instagram story and then it disappeared.

Both app are updated to newest version:

Instagram: 125.0.0.20.126

Spotify: 8.5.42.812

I want to distribute my podcast to my Instagram fans 🙂 

Could you help me? 

Screenshot_20200126_100845_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20200126_100855_com.huawei.android.internal.app.jpg
5 Replies

Hey there @EmilLipski

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you check the firewall and anti-virus apps on your Huawei, as they could block the connection between Spotify and Instagram. You can also add Spotify to the exceptions list of these apps to make sure they don't affect Spotify's performance. 

Also, are you trying the sharing option under a home network or work/office connection? Just a heads-up, office networks are usually subject to admin restrictions that could be causing the issue.      

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for answer. 

I don't have firewall or anti-virus on phone. I checked permissions for both apps and they have everything what they need. 

I checked it on home Wi-Fi and on my friend's Wi-Fi network. Third attempt was on mobile internet - the same problem.

What I can do with this? 🙄

Do you have any idea? 

Hey @EmilLipski,

Sorry to hear the suggestions didn't do the trick.

At this point, the case might be that what you're experiencing is the result of some testing involving both Spotify and Instagram. You'll find more info regarding this here

For the moment, we can suggest making sure to always keep both apps updated so you won't miss the latest features and improvements by the time they're implemented.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for answer.
I see that a lot of people have the same problem with this.

I saw topics from 2018..
Do you work on it? It is very annoying when you are creator for Spotify and you don't have option to share this with listeners..

Suggested posts