Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant unhide my songs

I cant unhide my songs

I accidentally hid a song that I want to listen to. I have gone to the settings and set it so that I can see the song. I can get to the button that says "Hidden" on that song, and the glowing symbol. Clickijg this option doesnt unhide the song. How do I unhide it?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG V50

Operating System

Android

50 Replies

Hey @Carter8

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

You can start off with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile device to see if this makes a difference. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. Then check if you can unhide the track and let us know the outcome. 

If you still can't unhide the song after the clean reinstall, make sure no power saving settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Keep us in the loop here.

I need to know the same thing, except I only use a free account (NOT Premium). There is no option to unhide anything anywhere. Once a song is accidentally hidden, it seems it's permanent. Is there a way to do it without having to pay for the option?

Hi @HeidiGrrrl,

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

At the moment, this option (Hide/Unhide) is available on Premium only.

We will pass your comments to the development team, and let them know this is something you'd like to see integrated in the future. 

Remember your feedback is important to us and don't forget the Community is here in case anything else comes up.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same problem. I accidentally hid a song and when I click ‘hidden’ to unhide it nothing happens. I have tried reinstalling the app, I have no power saving settings or data saving apps running and all permissions are enabled in settings and I still can’t unhide the song. 

I’ve watched lots of videos and they don’t help,
Changing things in settings doesn’t work and it’s the same for my laptop

Hey @Mattieocean,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

Can you give us more details about your device operating system? Also, is this inconvenience present on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a familiar or a friend to open your account and check.

On another note, do you notice if this is happening over WiFi, 3G/4G or both?

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I don’t have a Spotify premium account yet I have managed to hide songs but I would now like to unhide them but I cannot.

Hey @annabanana52

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

You should be able to hide songs in your Made for you playlists, such as Discover weekly, Daily mixes and Release radar. 

Could you let us know what exactly happens when you try unhiding the song? Also, sending us some screenshots would come in handy. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same problem.

Hid a song by accident and now I can’t play it anymore.

Fix this please!!!!!

i can click on „hidden“ but nothing happens..

how come almost no one has had this bug yet?

Hey @tollube

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

You should be able to unhide the song by tapping on this icon next to the currently hidden song: 

If you have already done so, but the song's still hidden, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Sorry, didn’t mention I already did a fresh reinstall of the app.

The unhide button is red in my app but nothing happens when I click it.

the song is not hidden on my MacBook Spotify app.

Hey @tollube

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if the same happens if you try hiding and unhiding the songs directly on the desktop app? Keep in mind that the Hide feature doesn't sync across devices, this is why the song may not appear hidden in your Mac.

Additionally, would you mind sending us a screen recording so we can take a closer look, as we weren't able to replicate this situation on our end? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Lastly, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

I’m on an iPhone 7, iOS 15.4.1 

I have the same problem on my Macbook and the problem is happening over 4G and WiFi. 

The app is also up to date. 

Hey there @Mattieocean

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

If you haven't performed a clean reinstall of the app on your devices yet, we suggest that you do so by following the steps mentioned above. 

Also, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

Same thing is happening to me, accidentally hid a song on my playlist and can't unhide it via mobile. I can still see it on the playlist on pc but if played, it will load the song into it's own private queue. Hitting the hide button on mobile to unhide it does nothing and it still shows up fine in my normal liked playlist, just being broken on the one playlist I hid it in accidentally.

I have premium and I accidentally hid a song and the same thing is happening to me, nothing I do is unhiding it and it acts like I'm not even tapping the button

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread. Let's take a closer look.

To confirm, can you let us know if you followed the steps in this article?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Tried just now, does not work. Still can’t unhide. Song was visible before, could just not be played. Same behaviour now.

Hi,

I have tried reinstalling the app, I have checked that I have no power saving settings or data saving apps running and that all permissions are enabled in settings. I don’t know if it was after an update. I’ve tried the steps in the article above too and the problem is still there (the song wasn’t hidden in the first place though)

Thanks

Suggested posts