Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I lost my charged music on my phone (but not on my pc) when I left premium to free version

I lost my charged music on my phone (but not on my pc) when I left premium to free version

Plan

Free after Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Huawei

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I lost my charged music on my phone (but not on my pc) when I left premium to free version. I can read my charged music on the pc (full tracks without any advertising), but noth on my smartphone wathever it keeps some signs of my searches by premium. I have to give the PC back to my ex-wife. Could you help me to get my music back on the phone? Thanks a lot

3 Replies

Hi @benoit170, thanks for writing!

Are you sure those songs in your PC aren't local files? 

I'm asking this because as soon as our Premium expires, we lose access to any offline content we've downloaded when we had Premium, since offline playlists are a Premium only feature. 

You can however stream those tracks from Spotify again if you are online. 

So maybe those songs are local files, or you might have a second account. Do you think it's possible?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your answer,

I checked on the pc and it's not premium but well free version now. With the PC, I can open any album or artist, then I can see every track names and read it perfecly, and without advertising (only when I am online)...If I search a new song with the PC, I can get this song entirely.

But with the phone, I can't open an artist or an album and see the list of the tracks, I ony can get a shuffle play with advertising. And if I make a new search with the phone, I can only get an extract of the song.

I don't understand what s different betwenn the PC and the phone, and I d like to use my phone like the PC works (and still with the free version). Thanks for your help... Benoit

Hey @benoit170.

Well, it looks like you have more than one Spotify account.

Please follow this guide to finding any other accounts you might have subscribed to Premium and let me know if this helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts