Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm going to stop paying for Spotify Premium if these problems continue

I'm going to stop paying for Spotify Premium if these problems continue

Hi everyone,

I got a GSIII. I am currently on the Premium 30 day Trial.. I love the idea of it. I am going to emphasize that **I REALLY WANT TO USE SPOTIFY PREMIUM. I WANT TO USE SPOTIFY AS MY MAIN MUSIC PLAYER. I REALLY DO.** But over the past 3 weeks a few things have bothered me, specifically on the mobile application (the desktop app works perfectly and I am enjoying no ads.)

- Streaming is frequently very choppy. I am streaming at extreme quality but have found the problem to happen with normal quality as well. I ride the bus to university, and many times I click on a song and it cuts on and off every few seconds and it's unbearable and I'm unable to listen to it. Sometimes I click the song and the bar at the bottom moves regularly like it should, every second, but nothing is playing. If I want to use Spotify Premium to replace my iPod, I want perfect non-stop streaming.

-Today on the bus was the most annoying thing. It said at the bottom something like "Can't find internet connection" or "No internet connection available." This was awful. Every playlist on my mobile app was grey/greyed out. I couldn't listen to anything.

- Instead of Spotify, I listened to Google Music, which is similar to spotify in that I uploaded all my iTunes to the cloud. That worked perfectly fine on the bus. So did Songza. Only Spotify had that problem. 

In short, the only times I've had absolutely perfect spotify experiences on mobile were at lounges at my uni where there was good wi-fi. On the bus home it is either choppy, or not streaming tracks at all...

Help me! I WANT TO USE SPOTIFY. I WANT TO GIVE SPOTIFY MY MONEY. But I'm not going to pay for this kind of service. 

22 Replies

Oh mann, what I wouldn't do to pay $23 /mo for phone service. It's sooo cheap up there. We're really jealous. And it's because there's only 4 major carriers in the US. Everything else is dependent on them.

Not enough competition.

@munchkin42 wrote:

Oh mann, what I wouldn't do to pay $23 /mo for phone service. It's sooo cheap up there. We're really jealous. And it's because there's only 4 major carriers in the US. Everything else is dependent on them.

Not enough competition.

Ooof. Reming me never to move to the US 😉

We do have 5 networks I think it is, but we do have thousands of MVNO's...

I don't get that bad speeds on 3G actually, and I tether so thats even better 😛

Yeah that's exactly why your prices are so low. Gah, tethering is a miracle. Especially in coffee shops with shoddy WiFi.

There's the solution! Tether to a PC, play Spotify from there!

Suggested posts