Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm unable to edit most of the settings ony my Android device

Solved!

I'm unable to edit most of the settings ony my Android device

Almost every settings is greyed out (screenshots included). I've never had this problem before, phone is LG G3 running official Android 6.0. I have Spotify Family Premium. I tried re-installing with complete data delete via SD Maid.Screenshot_2017-01-24-19-43-46.pngScreenshot_2017-01-24-19-43-53.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found a solution: you can't change your app settings when you are listening on PC for some reason.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Oooh, I haven't seen that before. Have you tried restarting your phone? If that doesn't work, try reinstalling spotify, following the steps here.

As I said, I tried re-installing and restarting my phone was the first thing I tried, no luck.

Marked as solution

Found a solution: you can't change your app settings when you are listening on PC for some reason.

I just reread your post and still don't see any mention of restarting your phone or clearing the cache and data as described in the linked article. And I have no idea what SD Maid is, nor am I particularly interested.

Anyway, I just noticed from the screens that you were using connect. Switch back to "this device" and your settings will be back to normal. It seems that most settings are greyed out while another device is selected for playback.

Suggested posts