Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I miss the button in the upper right corner of the main folder "Playlists"

Solved!

I miss the button in the upper right corner of the main folder "Playlists"

Premium Account

Country - Germany

Device - Xiaomi Pocophone F1

Operating System - MIUI Global 10.2.2.0

My Question or Issue

Hello everybody, I miss the button in the upper right corner of the main folder "Playlists", where the option to sort the playlists and folders was located (at least on iPhone SE). Even in sub-folders, there is no such a button. How can I sort the playlist / folder? Do I overlook this feature? Or is that a bug? And if so, will that be fixed at some point?

Thx.

Screenshot_2019-03-12-17-21-21-780_com.spotify.music.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Irreversibler.

Thanks for your question.

This is not an oversight on Spotify's behalf, rather it is expected behaviour.

You can, however, create an idea in the Ideas Exchange here which suggests this change and get others to vote for it. If it gets enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @Irreversibler.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can reveal the Sort button by pulling the list with playlists down. Alternatively you'll have the three dots in the upper right corner.

Hope that's what you are looking for! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

This works only conditionally. First, this definitely does not work in the main "playlists" folder. Second, even in sub-folders does not always work (see video, you can see the pulling down action very well on the white button "Erstellen" above.) I did not find out what makes the folders differ).

Hey @Irreversibler.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Bear in mind that it's not possible to filter within a folder containing playlists.

As for the other scenarios, it does seem like the filter option isn't appearing where it's supposed to.

Could you send us the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • a screenshot showing the home menu of Your Library (with the Artists/Albums tabs)?

Once we have that, we'll be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hello, thanks for the answer,

Spotify version 8.4.96.953

Screenshot_2019-03-15-15-01-56-040_com.spotify.music.png

Hey @Irreversibler.

Thanks for sending over that screenshot.

Apologies for the confusion: it is in fact possible to filter within a folder containing playlists unless all the playlists are visible on the screen, in which case the Filter option is rendered useless.

The same goes for a folder containing multiple folders: if all the folders are visible on the screen, then you won't be able to filter them.

This is what we can see on the screen recording that you sent us:

1. The first folder contains 16 playlists; since there are more playlists than can fit on the screen, it is possible to filter them.
  2. The second folder contains 4 folders; since they fit on the screen, it is not possible to filter them.

All of the above is expected behaviour.

Hope that makes sense! Let us know if you have any further questions - we'll be right here.

indeed. I checked it and it's true. Is this simply overlooked by Spotify Team or is this made clear? Practically, of course, would be if this feature would be available anywhere. Is it to be expected that it will change over time?
Marked as solution

Hey @Irreversibler.

Thanks for your question.

This is not an oversight on Spotify's behalf, rather it is expected behaviour.

You can, however, create an idea in the Ideas Exchange here which suggests this change and get others to vote for it. If it gets enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

That would be great. Thank you!

Suggested posts