Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I saved 1500 songs but I don't want them all on my smartphone!

Solved!

I saved 1500 songs but I don't want them all on my smartphone!

Hi!

First of all I am so happy since I have spotify premium. I've never listened to all this different music before. It's amazing!!! So many things to discover. Neverending. Having said that... I use to save a lot of artists and entire albums to listen to them when I'll have time. The problem is my smartphone's memory. At the moment I have about 1500 songs saved on Spotify and every time I access the Spotify app on wifi it keeps downloading them all! I'd like to have only certain albums but apparently playlists are the only ones I can decide not to download. All other music just goes automatically in download. If I click on remove on the single songs then I won't find them on spotify from my computer. But my smartphone's memory is almost full and I don't know what to do 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community. Glad to hear you're having a good time discovering so much music. Pretty amazing, huh?

It sounds like the Available Offline feature on the songs tab in Your Music is turned on. If you'll just go into that section and turn it off, it shouldn't automatically try to download everything. Then, you can just choose specific albums or artists to save from the other tabs. Or, you can always download playlists of your favorite music.

If that doesn't work, keep Spotify open on your phone, then open the desktop app on your computer, go to your device (under the devices section in the lefthand column), and make sure "manually choose playlists to sync" is selected rather than "sync all music to this device."

Hope that helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

thanks. should be better now. 🙂 But I am not really sure why even if I delete all cache when I access the app some of my playlists and artists are downloaded without my permission, automatically...

Marked as solution

When you deleted the cache, did you do it from Spotify's settings or from the Android settings? I've never seen it start downloading anything automatically after clearing everything from within Spotify.

dinomightSpotify Star

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community. Glad to hear you're having a good time discovering so much music. Pretty amazing, huh?

It sounds like the Available Offline feature on the songs tab in Your Music is turned on. If you'll just go into that section and turn it off, it shouldn't automatically try to download everything. Then, you can just choose specific albums or artists to save from the other tabs. Or, you can always download playlists of your favorite music.

If that doesn't work, keep Spotify open on your phone, then open the desktop app on your computer, go to your device (under the devices section in the lefthand column), and make sure "manually choose playlists to sync" is selected rather than "sync all music to this device."

Hope that helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Marked as solution

thanks. should be better now. 🙂 But I am not really sure why even if I delete all cache when I access the app some of my playlists and artists are downloaded without my permission, automatically...

Marked as solution

When you deleted the cache, did you do it from Spotify's settings or from the Android settings? I've never seen it start downloading anything automatically after clearing everything from within Spotify.

dinomightSpotify Star

all solved. you have no idea how you changed my life with this topic 😄 ahaha. i thought i was condamned to delete songs from spotify just not to have them on my phone XD thank you!!!!!

Lol no problem. Happy to help. Enjoy!
dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts