Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Importing Playlist

Importing Playlist

I have created an mP3 playilst by converting WMA files to MP3. When I import the playlist to Spotify, some of the tracks have the artist greyed out and although they play on my computer, they will not play via my phone or my TIVO service. They are visible on all my devices but some of them just will not play. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Those local files you are adding will need to be manually synced to your mobile device (if its iOS or Android) by following the instructions here. Unfortunately, if the Spotify client can't match those tracks to its own catalogue, then you won't be able to play those tracks on your TIVO box or on a mobile device that does not support local file sync. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the tip. It is a little more specific than that unfortunately. It is only a few of the tracks that would not import. They are visible but will not play or download on my device. Its the same on TIVO, they are visible but will just not play. Generally the playlist has imported fine other than specific tracks. I cannot see for the life of me why this would be.....

Mike

Suggested posts