Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In my library, why aren't artists in alphabetical order after the update? It's frustrating!

In my library, why aren't artists in alphabetical order after the update? It's frustrating!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Motorolla G5

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

I just updated to the latest version of spotify on my phone, and when I opened up the artist tab under library, the artists weren't sorted in alphabetical order!  I have no idea what order they are sorted in, but I can't find any option to switch the sorting back to alphabetical.  Anybody know where to find that option?

5 Replies

If you swipe down, you should be able to see a search bar that says "Find in artists" and a button on the right of it labeled "Filters". Note that the "Filters" button brings up a window on the bottom of the screen with the label "Sort by" and, at least on my mobile device, two selections: "Artists" and "Recently added". So no alphabetical, but the 'search' bar can help. I found that typing a single character, e.g., 's', will bring up a list of recommended artists that may or may not start with the letter 's', nor will they be in alphabetical order.

Hope this helps. I'm not really liking the new update. Seems pretty broken to me.

Thanks! I concur about the update. Everything was working great before
they changed stuff...

It's ridiculous that I can no longer look through my music catalog in a sensible way, but rather according to whatever the program suggests. Is there any way to revert to an older version? 

Any one else so bothered by this that they are waiting to switch music streaming services? 

Recommendations? 

Yes, I've already started looking.

Suggested posts