Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Infamous spotify pausing issue

Infamous spotify pausing issue

So I've been dealing with this issue for about 24 hours now.  I tried every suggestion on the community and web.  Uninstalled, deleted folders, reinstalled, logged out all sessions, changed my password, formatted my SD card, restored my phone to stock 4.2.2, upgraded my phone to lollipop, issue is still there.  

Last week, I had logged in on my PC, and was using my phone to control it.  cool feature.  Then a few days later, it just wouldn't recognize that I was logged in on the PC too.  This 'multiple people' logged in issue is similar to what causes the pausing, so I'm guessing it's something like that on spotify server side.

What I expected to happen

1. 1.     songs should seamlessly play through playlist without stopping or pausing.

What actually happened

1. 1.     I open a newly installed Spotify app on Android
    2. 2.     I log in with user/pass (not facebook)
    3. 3.     I play a playlist, it will not make it through 2, usually, 1 song finishes, second song fails to start.  then i skip, and click back, it'll play, but fail to complete playing the song before just stopping

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy S5

Device’s Operating System

lollipop 5.11 (but failed under 4.2.2 also)

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

4.42GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

15.95GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

... GB

Is your device rooted?

If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No” (And skip the next question)

no

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No”

no

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

no

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

no

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

When using WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.8.4

My mobile provider and country

tmobile

My username

bbendel

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

no

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

no

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

2 Replies

Installed Spotify version 2.1.0.903, similar problem but different. Audio just goes away mid track but it acts like it's still working.

Seems to work right on my computer.  I'm back on the latest version of Spotify from the play store, nothing really helps.  It semes to play playlists that i've created better than random playlists or radio stations.  

I just created a free account using my facebook, it is doing the same thing, finished like the 3rd song, and switched to a new song, but just sits there at time zero.  

Suggested posts