Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Intermittent Connection

Intermittent Connection

I have a Motorola Droid 3 (XT862) from Verizon running Android 2.3.4 Build 5.5.1_84_D3G-55.

Until recently I had been using Audiogalaxy to listen to music from my computer to my phone.

I switched to Spotify because if I was at the office and my internet at home went out (I live on the fringe of civilization in my area), I would lose access to all my music.  With Spotify being cloud based, I knew this would no longer be an issue so I joined and recreated all my playlists.

For the past few days, I've been listening to music via Spotify and sometimes it will lag and sometimes it won't.  The phone is in the exact same place (in the Multimedia Dock sitting right next to my computer) and the 3G signal is still the same strength.

I have an app killer that runs every half hour (Spotify is on the ignore list).

Any idea as to why it would lag?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

4 Replies

What sort of quality are you streaming at? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Stream and sync are both set to High Quality.

It sounds a bit like it could be experiencing some lag during some peak times. While it's not ideal, could you try briefly switching over to Low Bandwidth and seeing if you still experience the playback issues. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

That makes sense, I'll give it a shot.  Could that also be why my Spotify will cut out in areas with low/no cell signal where my Audiogalaxy wouldn't; is it streaming quality rather than quantity?

Suggested posts