Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Spotify in EXCLUSIVE partnership with samsung for ANDROID WEAR?

Is Spotify in EXCLUSIVE partnership with samsung for ANDROID WEAR?

Hi,

Not sure where to ask.

Visited quite a few forum entries before posting (if anyone needs references - can provide in comments, but look for yourself): everywhere I look for any smart watch integration for offline music storage playing (i.e.: while excercing and not bringing your bulky phone) other than samsung's gear - it is simply not supported.

I would like to know:

1. If you guys (Spotify) have an EXCLUSIVE partnership with samsung?

2. If "no" to the above - what are the challenges to bring such a useful and community requested feature?

3. Now I know you do not share your improvement pipeline, so would ask what would be spotify's advised way to use it while excercising while not overburdening yourself with useless equipment (yeah I've heard of Mighty pleayer, but it is additional device only for playng music...)

Don't get me wrong - I love the app. I just want to take this music with me while on the run and not carry bulky phone nor buy some overpriced, questionable-quality equipment just for that. Especially when technology clearly allows that..

There are good Android Wear watches out there and THEY DESERVE YOUR ATTENTION, YOU KNOW..

1 Reply

Hey @TrustBernie, thanks for writing!

We understand how you feel about this, and we're working hard to improve our ever-expanding list of devices on which you can use your Spotify app. Apart from being available across a selection of Samsung wearables, we are also compatible with several Google smartwatches with Wear OS. You can find the full list of devices Spotify can be used with on this link.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

Suggested posts