Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it intented that Spotify app does not respect keyevent "KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS"?

Is it intented that Spotify app does not respect keyevent "KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS"?

Device

OnePlus 5t

Operating System

Android Pie(9.0)

My Question or Issue

So I stumbled upon an issue that Spotify does not go to start of track or previous track like one would expect, when KeyEvent "KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS" is dispatched via AudioManager in Android. Keycodes for next, play and pause all works as expected, just not previous. This would be essential thing to work for me so i could integrate my car's steering wheel controls with my phone as music source, but is it that its intended it does not work?

EDIT: It seems that the issue was silently patched by spotify, or there was something random going on within my device, since now it does seem to work as expected without any code changes from my end.

2 Replies

i dont know if this helps, but maxbe spotify for developers could be the right thing.

i have to say that i only googled for a short time and it was the first result that looked reasonable.

~Levi

Sorry I forgot to reply to you, no I did not find an answer.

I got a workaround by going throught your suggestion, but never found an answer for my original question, I'm pretty sure only a developer of Spotify for Android can give me an answer, but no idea how to reach out for one.

Suggested posts