Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

Solved!

Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

lariwestside
Casual Listener

I recently got an email about Spotify being offered free on mobile. When I tried to install it from Google Play, I got an error saying my device is incompatible with the app. I have a Sony Xperia SP running Android version 4.1.2. I wasn't sure if this was the problem or if it's because my phone has service in a different country than my Spotify account is in.

All I could find on compatibility was this old thread, but it's solution for old Android versions is no longer there. Any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

Joe
Community Legend

The android version is fine but if your Google account is registered for a country where Spotify hasn't launched, you won't be able to download it from Play. You could try going to m.spotify.com and download from there instead. You'll need t enable installation from unknown sources in the android options.

2 Replies
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

The android version is fine but if your Google account is registered for a country where Spotify hasn't launched, you won't be able to download it from Play. You could try going to m.spotify.com and download from there instead. You'll need t enable installation from unknown sources in the android options.

Highlighted

lariwestside
Casual Listener

That worked perfectly, thanks so much!

SUGGESTED POSTS