Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there anyway I can add one of my MP3 songs that I downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy Tab to Spotify?

Is there anyway I can add one of my MP3 songs that I downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy Tab to Spotify?

Is there anyway I can add my downloaded MP3s from the internet to my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Spotify as there is some songs that Spotify dont have that I want to listen?

7 Replies

Hey @dbreen1996, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you have a Premium subscription, you can listen to your local files through Spotify. Check out a guide here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else! Happy listening 🙂

I tried using these methods last night but the song that I downloaded onto my computer didnt go through to my tablet it just goes grey which says the song is unavailable.

I am able to listen to my downloaded MP3s on the computer but is there a way I can listen to them on my Tablet as I like to listen to these songs in the gym?

@dbreen1996,

Hmm, that's odd. Can you give these steps a try and let me know if they help?

1. Make sure you are on the same network as the other device.
  2. Make sure that the Spotify application is open on both devices and the devices are unlocked.
  3. Make sure that the songs are in a playlist and the playlist is set to "Download" on both your phone and on the desktop.
  4. Restart the desktop application.
  5. Restart the Android application.

Looking forward to your response 🙂

Ill give these steps a go, but will I be able to listen to this particular song when connected to a different WiFi source? or do I have to be connected the same same WiFi?

@dbreen1996,

Once the song is downloaded to your Android device, you should be able to listen to it anywhere (on any internet connection and offline), as with any other downloaded song 🙂

Ok thanks I'll give these a go once I get some free time but I have someone telling me that I need to have ITunes in order for this to work? is this false.

Suggested posts