Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there still no permanent solution to "Favorite Songs" not syncing?

Is there still no permanent solution to "Favorite Songs" not syncing?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

iOS, Mac, Windows

My Question or Issue

For at least a year now, I've had a problem with my "liked songs" (I think they changed the name again to favorite songs) not syncing. If I add them from my laptop, they do not add on my desktop. If I add them on my desktop, they do not get added on my laptop. I've done everything the previous solutions say, I've tried offline mode (has never worked for me once), logging out and back in, clearing the cache, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. The uninstall works, but I shouldn't have to do this every time I want to add a new song to my playlist. The next time I add another song, it doesn't sync again. Is anyone aware of a permanent solution? Or should I just give up on this feature and make a playlist of all my liked songs instead? (Which, in the past, didn't even manage to move all of the songs from my liked songs playlist anyway)

2 Replies

Hey there @yoshbag,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

First, we'd suggest making sure that you're accessing the same account on both your laptop and desktop devices. You can double check this by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

If you're indeed accessing the same account on all your devices, trying a clean install of the app on them both should help. To do that, just make sure to follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer.

Further, does this occur when both devices are connected on the same network connection? If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services so it could explain what's happening here. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

The two accounts are certainly the same, I have premium on both, they are both under the same username, and I've had to log out and back in numerous times (to try the solutions that other people have suggested)

I've done multiple reinstalls on the devices. When I reinstall Spotify, the favorited songs list is correct. However, when I add another song, it is out of sync again, and I don't think I should have to do a complete reinstall of Spotify every time I want to add a song to my playlist. I've done it at my home, at school, etc., no matter where I download it, my laptop and desktop do not sync up. I've considered moving all of my songs into a playlist so this problem stops, but importing my favorited songs into a playlist does not move every one, even though it tells me I've selected all of my songs. 

Thank you for the response, Katerina!

Suggested posts