Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Issue] Being logged in to multiple devices causes large playlist to only loop the queued 50 songs

[Issue] Being logged in to multiple devices causes large playlist to only loop the queued 50 songs

Spotify Username

erichovis

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S7 Edge, Windows 10

Operating System

Android 7.0, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

It's been reported to them multiple times. How hard can it be to sync a full playlist to the active session instead of having devices read the queued songs and think that's the only songs in a playlist and then only plays the queued 50 or so songs in a loop, regardless of how big the actual playlist is.

To clarify by what I mean by multiple devices, I mean, if I started on my phone, then I get home and want to play it on Google Home, it starts where my phone left off. Then I get on the computer, and say I want to keep listening, I open the app and keep it going. That's 3 different devices being used, all separately, but when it switches from one to another, it only reads the queued songs (50 or so I think queues at a time) as the full playlist, when originally the the full playlist was like 500 songs. So then you're stuck with that 50 songs as your playlist.

Also, you don't even have to use your multiple devices for it to mess up. Because they are all actively syncing, one of them will see your queued songs as the playlist being played and update all your devices, including the one you're actively using, as only using the 50 songs queued for the whole playlist.

0 Replies

Suggested posts