Issue with controls on lock screen?

Solved!

Re: Issue with controls on lock screen?

LittleMissLing
Casual Listener

I have a similar issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. The controls on my lock screen work. I can pause and skip tracks. But if I pause on the lock screen, and the screen display turns off after a few seconds, the lock screen controls are no longer there and I cannot resume play. I have been an iPhone user for the past 5.5 years, and only got the Samsung yesterday, so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

LittleMissLing
Casual Listener

Turning off the Music FaceWidget on lock screen seems to have done the trick! So I'm not sure if the update has worked, since I still have the same problem without turning off the Music FaceWidget...

Erik78
Visitor

Hey!

I´m still having the issue with the puas/play button not working in lock screen. I can press forward and backward, but not the paus/play.

Solution please?

8k-tfmbx_07fh

This is not "solved." Every thread on Spotify Community has it marked as solved... 

I confirm I am also having this issue and have had it across two phones, Galaxy S8 and currently S10. Like with other users, a reinstall or re-log in only temporarily fixes the issue. Very frustrating. 

Highlighted

Sundvor
Casual Listener

I have exactly the same thing on my S10 5G. Forward/back works, but pause only stops the playback for a fraction of a second before resuming.

And, today they removed the play widget from our home screens. They could have sorted this first.

socialshazza

the lock screen doesn't work for me at all .. and never has.I used the homepage widget but now they have removed it ..

I am stuggling to use my phone in the car for music now

I have an LG G6 using Andriod version 8 ..

Rubberbone
Casual Listener

Worked for me, cheers!

musicjunkie24
Casual Listener

I can confirm that I'm having issues with my Galaxy S10 in specifically pausing. It sounds like it pauses and plays it immediately, so my attempts to pause just skips the song for about a second. I'm starting to think that I should move to Google Play Music, since that works perfectly fine. 

Android Version: 9

One UI Version: 1.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.18.932

famousdavebbq
Visitor

I too have the same issue with my S10+. And the only solution that worked for me was to use my iPhone XS Max. 

I like Android. But apps are just more polished on iOS. 

musicjunkie24
Casual Listener

Might just settle with Google Play music or YouTube music. That works perfectly fine.

SUGGESTED POSTS