Issue with spotify app, not able to play music, does not load anything

Plan

Premium

Country

Uruguay

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10

Operating System

MIUI Global 12.5.3, Android version 11 RKQ1.201022.002, Spotify version 8.6.64.1081, latest version available for everything

My Question or Issue

Hello guys, I'm in need of some help here, I installed the Spotify app on my new smartphone, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10, MIUI Global 12.5.3, basically the app is not letting me after logging in play any music, load any album or see any of my playlists. The first thing I tried was deleting the app cache, logging out and logging in again, that did not fix the issue so the next step was uninstalling the app, installed again and still it keeps happening. Just to check if it was an account issue I logged my account on a friends phone and everything works just fine, said friend also tried logging his account on my phone and it happens the same, albums and playlists won't load and music won't play at all.

I then decided to go to a more extreme measure and did a factory reset on my smartphone, after the factory reset I only installed the Spotify app, opened it, logged in and still the issue persists. I decided to try another thing and installed the Spotify Lite app, logged in and this app works perfectly fine, it load everything and it lets me play music with no issues at all.

I can also add that if I open the Spotify app on my pc and have the app opened on my smartphone my pc detects the app on my phone as a device, if I play music on my pc and select my smartphone to play it there the app on the phone won't play anything at all, despite my pc being able to select the phone as a device.

Did anyone have this issue? I don't know what else to try to solve this, any help is really appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Galaga_,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases. Could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled in your phone?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Galaga_,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases. Could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled in your phone?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello @Eni !! So I tried with what you suggested and enabled Spotify to access my files and also disabled all battery usage restrictions, one or either both of this things solved the issue. Thank you so much for your suggestion!!

Hi @Galaga_,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I am on MIUI 12.5.6.0 and have been running into the exact same problems as Galaga_ here. I have followed the same troubleshooting steps as him, and nothing seems to work, including the battery saving settings and allowing all permissions.

It is frustrating because I have had the same problems in the past, and exempting Spotify from the battery saving settings fixed it back then.

I suppose a recent MIUI update introduced a new app killing process into the OS but I just cannot find it for the life of me.

Can anyone think of anything I might have missed ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @OttoDiktat!

What you're describing could be related to this ongoing issue which is currently being investigated, so feel free to check it out. We'll be posting updates there as soon as we have any news on this, so stay tuned.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi @Yordan,

This fixed it ! Thank you so very much for helping me !

Do you know if this means that I cannot use an SD card as long as this issue is ongoing, or can I consider it "fixed" ?

Thanks again for your time.

Awesome @OttoDiktat! Glad to hear that!

Most users have reported that they've since reinserted their SD cards into their phones and the app keeps functioning properly, so you should be fine using the SD card as normal.

Be sure to Subscribe to the ongoing issues thread for more tips / updates. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Have a good one!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts