Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

Operating System

Android version - 11

One UI version - 3.1

My Question or Issue

I have been having this issue for a while now. I could be playing a podcast for hours with no issues and then will seemingly out of nowhere the app becomes useless. It happens every time I switch from Wifi to Mobile Data and vice versa but sometimes it happens when I haven't left my house all day and have been connected to wifi the whole day. The following are issues that I experience on a daily basis:

- The app will stop what I am listening too and tell me I am offline, even though what I am listening to has been downloaded. If I close the app and open it up again it might be good but more often then not, the app will open to the home page but nothing loads. 

- Sometimes I will select a song/podcast to play and it will start playing but displays either nothing or what was previously playing and it doesn't let me use the controls (play/pause, fast forward, etc.). 

- My Library (which I have everything downloaded) won't load the playlist and if the list of playlist loads, what is in the playlist when clicked will not load when the playlist opens. 

Below is what I have done for troubleshooting which of course nothing has worked/helped:

I have deleted the app and the cache and deleted the folder that spotify creates on the SD card. I reinstalled the app and kept the storage location to internal storage. Gave the application all permissions. Turned off the Enhanced Processing feature on the phone. Signed in and out.

6 Replies

Hi there @mgibs66,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app, but can you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide for a clean reinstall? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a few seconds. Also, make sure that there aren't any battery optimization or data restrictions settings enabled for Spotify in your phone.

If the issue persists, try removing the SD card, reinstalling the app and then restarting your phone without it to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This has always been an issue with Spotify. I have been a premium member for a while and had this issue on my previous Samsung S9+ and now on my Samsung S20 Ultra 5G. I have uninstalled and re-installed using those instructions and things will work for a while and then I get prompted to log back on to Spotify. This seems to happen when say, going from Offline to Online and as does going from Wi-Fi to LTE as what @mgibs66 stated. I have an SD card that I download my playlists too. It is such a pain in the **bleep** having to keep uninstalling Spotify and re-installing and waiting hours for all my playlists to re-download. Is there a maximum number of playlists/songs you can download in your Spotify account?

Thank you.

Paul

Hey @bordilo

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Keep in mind that you can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices.

If this is not the case and you haven't exceeded the download limit, could you send over a video or a screen recording where we can take a better look at the issue? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This doesn't fix any of the similar issues I am having.

Hey @Killer_Tofu

Thanks for reaching out about this, and welcome to the Community 🙂

Would you mind giving us more info about the issues you're having? 

It would also be helpful to know if you've already tried any troubleshooting steps. This will help us give you better suggestions.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why do android users have to follow these steps vs spotify correcting their issues. I am paying for their app?

Suggested posts