Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 6 Pro, Windows 10 Desktop

Operating System

Android 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have recently noticed an issue wherein whenever a song/playlist is started on my mobile device it does not save the said song on my desktop. This issue is also vice versa for my desktop. For example, if I start listening to music on my phone, then I go to my desktop app to listen to that song, the app seems to only remember as far back as 3-4 songs I listened to previously, not the current one. I am curious if anyone else is running into this issue as this was not an issue about 3 months ago or so. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Gulsvart,

Thanks for your reply and for the screenshots you kindly sent us.

We can confirm that is expected behavior since the last played song the app saves is in the app's cache. So, let us add some insights.

As mentioned previously in this thread, when you use the Connect feature and one of your devices recognizes the song that's being played on the other one, the playback queue will align between the two devices. Nevertheless, when you listen to music independently on each device and you close the app, since there's no connection between the apps, you'll see the last song played on that specific device.

We understand what you're mentioning, and you'd like to see the last song you listened to saved in your account rather than the cache. We'd recommend you submit your suggestion to our Idea boards; just take into account that you must follow our Idea Exchange guidelines, so your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @Gulsvart ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The recently played songs are limited to the device you're playing the songs on. If you're using a standalone device without Connect to navigate the playback on a different device, the recently played section will contain songs played only on the particular device. Are you using Connect?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Both my phone and desktop app is synced to one another, this seems to be an issue with either the Spotify app communicating frequently between the two devices or some sort of desync.

Update: So the app will still remember what I was last playing on the desktop or vice versa if I keep it open. However, it won't if closed. If almost seems like the app and desktop are not communicating if one is closed. 

Hey @Gulsvart,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared. 

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the exact make/model and OS of the affected devices along with the Spotify version you are running on both of them?

On another note, as mentioned by @Dian, are you using the Connect feature? In other words, are you using both devices at the same time and are they connected to the same internet network? It'd really help us if you could clarify that.

Lastly, and just to confirm, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet red you're using? You can create, if possible, a hotspot on your phone and connect your computer to it. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Sure!  This happens on both mobile networks and wifi. I am using the connect feature as both devices are paired. The disconnect happens when one device is not being used, it seems to be desynced if one stops being used or has the app closed. If I have them both open it will keep the song being played and its progression synced. The phone I am on is a Pixel 6 Pro. My mobile version is 8.8.6.472. The desktop version is 1.2.4.912g949d5fd0

Hey @Gulsvart,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared. 

We really appreciate the details you kindly sent. As mentioned by @Dian above, the activity you've recently played is only available on the device you're listening to it on; the recently played section will only include music played on that specific device. If you're using a solitary device without Connect to control playback on another device, it's expected that you won't have them synced.

Nevertheless, even if you are not using Connect, you should be able to see the songs you recently played on a different device on your mobile phone. Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you see on your recently played list on both your mobile device and your computer when not using Connect?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

So these screengrabs were taken at the same time. As you can see, my mobile device and desktop are listing two different songs as the last one played. The desktop was the last device actually used. 

thumbnail_Screenshot_20230212-150738.png
spot 1.PNG
Marked as solution

Hey @Gulsvart,

Thanks for your reply and for the screenshots you kindly sent us.

We can confirm that is expected behavior since the last played song the app saves is in the app's cache. So, let us add some insights.

As mentioned previously in this thread, when you use the Connect feature and one of your devices recognizes the song that's being played on the other one, the playback queue will align between the two devices. Nevertheless, when you listen to music independently on each device and you close the app, since there's no connection between the apps, you'll see the last song played on that specific device.

We understand what you're mentioning, and you'd like to see the last song you listened to saved in your account rather than the cache. We'd recommend you submit your suggestion to our Idea boards; just take into account that you must follow our Idea Exchange guidelines, so your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts