Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

It's been good... and bad

It's been good... and bad

After many years of loyalty to spotify our once great relationship has come to an end.

After one problem after another with the android app i have decided to cancel my premium subscription.  I have given the service many chances over the last year or so to prove to me that they are really bothered about the quality of service they provide to all there customers (no matter what platform) but enough is enough.

Adios Spotify.... i will miss you (when you worked)

24 Replies

My spotify crashed today and all my offline playlists dissapeared again. This usually happens just before a 2 hour drive like today (karma?).  Luckily for me this doesn't matter much anyway, because spotify already uses an excessive amount of bandwidth when playing "offline". So I just used my 3g to stream during the ride back home. Spotify has now been downloading since I got home which is about 5 hours ago still hasnt got 50% of 1000 songs (this is on a 50mbit wifi connection). 

This is one of the greatest apps on my phone, but it's also the most frustrating one. I really love spotify and the idea of all the music you can eat for a subscription fee, but the buggy android app and being shown no support update wise whatsoever its making it hard for me to continue subscribing since the phone is all I subscribe to premium for.

Spotify says it's hard to program landscape mode and a configurable path for our downloads, and that they can't reproduce the excessive bandwidth usage the current app is showing. As a developer I have a really hard time believing any of this and it almost feels as if we are being stringed along.

damunk wrote:

Spotify says it's hard to program landscape mode and a configurable path for our downloads, and that they can't reproduce the excessive bandwidth usage the current app is showing. As a developer I have a really hard time believing any of this and it almost feels as if we are being stringed along.

ya think?

i have a feeling there just stringing people along to maximise there revenue stream before people realise spotify are in way over there heads. I think they grew too quickly and are strugglng to keep up. There android app still feels like a beta not a final release.

There are now other streaming music options for android, so people can jump ship now. I really think there days are numbered unless they can change there attitude, or get bought out by one of the big fish.

@wolfmanbass wrote:
i have a feeling there just stringing people along to maximise there revenue stream before people realise spotify are in way over there heads. I think they grew too quickly and are strugglng to keep up. There android app still feels like a beta not a final release.

There are now other streaming music options for android, so people can jump ship now. I really think there days are numbered unless they can change there attitude, or get bought out by one of the big fish.

the problem is that they do offer the best overall subscription service, and they really have little competition on android.  i haven't tried them for several months, but the other services sucked on android as well.  i suspect they are making progress though, and i'm about to check them out again (compared to spotify's ZERO progress).  there is a huge opportunity here for a competitor to nail an android app, but the problem is that the android app is not the primary product -- the primary product is the service itself, all of its infrastructure, licensing deals, etc.  for spotify, the android app is a faint afterthought.  my impression is that the quality of implementation is much higher on other platforms (except maybe windows phone and blackberry?)  for some reason they are treating iOS users as a major market segment/financial driver?  and leaving android in the dust?  this is baffling, since android is actually the largest market share of mobile devices, and it's not going away.  again, we can speculate on why this might be -- perhaps some sort of partnership with apple?  perhaps very little revenue coming from premium subscribers on android (most spotify users just happen to be iOS users)?  who knows.  who cares.  some day a reliable subscription service will arrive for android right?  i refuse to buy a **bleep**ing iphone just for spotify!

Im in agreement with most of these posts. Ive lost count of the amount of times my downloaded lists have disapeared or I cant get my playlists because the app thinks its offline or the unintuitive interface that you lose your way when looking for songs.

There's too many other options out there to put up with such poor support

Suggested posts