Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Android TV Dongle (Dish TV SV11)

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

After starting JRE video podcast the app freezes after playing the introduction. JRE is the only video podcast that this happens with.

I have cleared the cache, tried on different wifi networks, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, made sure there were no OS updates available for the device and finally reformatted the device. All these measures have done nothing to stop the problem.

About the only thing that seems to work is chromecasting from the spotify app on a different device, such as my tablet or phone (both Android devices). Even when this happens the video will play for a short time before resorting to audio-only.

This is an extremely annoying problem and is making me seriously reconsider my Spotify subscription.

3 Replies

Hey @IvorTollah,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - this happens only when using the Android TV dongle and no other devices, correct? Do you have an option to try the dongle on a different TV and see if the same is happening there? It would also help us get to the bottom of this quicker, if you could ask a friend or family member to log into their account on your device setup and check if the behavior comes up again. This will allow us to determine whether to root cause of the problem lies with the device or account.  

On another note - have you tried connecting to a different internet network to see if that fixes things? Perhaps a mobile hotspot could be a convenient way to test this.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same problem. 

Hey @DarinW52,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to give the steps mentioned in the thread a go to see if that helps.

If nothing changes, you can send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts