Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just and observation relevant to recent equalizer bug

Just and observation relevant to recent equalizer bug

As you may know, there have been some issues with equalizers not working properly with the Spotify android app. When a song started or  when you skipped through it the volume would jump to max scaring the **bleep** out of you for a split second. I had this problem and (maybe) found a solution.

When I had this Equalizer installed, there was and option on Spotify app to go to the equalizer settings and the bug occured.

Then I uninstalled the Equalizer app and the option in Spotify app disappeared. After that I installed this Music Volume EQ and the option in Spotify app still wasn't there, it did not reappear. After I set up the new EQ app and tried to play music with Spotify, the bug was gone. I have been listening to music for half an hour and everything is fine.

It seems to me, that what really helped here was that Spotify did not somehow recognize the new EQ app. It works but I won't be able to go to its settings through Spotify which is fine.

I posted this just in case it helped someone else. It may be relevant, that my Xperia Ray is running custom Android 2.3.7. I just hope it lasts, because the joy of this is infinite for me. Finally.

1 Reply

That's very helpful, thanks. Be interesting to hear if it works for others who suffer the volume spike thing.

Suggested posts