Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just show lyrics

Solved!

Just show lyrics

Hello I am listening to Spotify on my Android.

Some of the songs offer "behind the lyrics". powered by genius feature.

this feature alternates between showing the lyrics and showing some of the song history.

most of the time though, I would just like to show the lyrics, so I can sing along to the song, how do I achieve this?

Can this feature please be implemented.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dgamma3, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Spotify has joined forces with Genius to give you the story behind the song. 

Note: This feature is currently only available in English, on select songs and playlists.

• See key lyrics of many of your favorite tracks as they’re sung (or rapped, or screamed).
  • Get behind the scenes info, including what inspired the lyrics and facts about the song.
  • Also available on your TV with Chromecast.

That's how it works and you can read more about it here.

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Other users also feel the same way and would like to see this feature implemented in the app in future updates. We'd recommend heading over to this Idea Thread and adding your +Vote to show support.

Hope that helps!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

4 Replies

I have the same problem so I researched and I found a cool app that supports that. It's called musixmatch and that shows the lyrics on sync with the music and it's cross platforming so it should work for androids. https://about.musixmatch.com/apps/

Hope this helps 

Marked as solution

Hey @dgamma3, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Spotify has joined forces with Genius to give you the story behind the song. 

Note: This feature is currently only available in English, on select songs and playlists.

• See key lyrics of many of your favorite tracks as they’re sung (or rapped, or screamed).
  • Get behind the scenes info, including what inspired the lyrics and facts about the song.
  • Also available on your TV with Chromecast.

That's how it works and you can read more about it here.

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Have a nice day 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Other users also feel the same way and would like to see this feature implemented in the app in future updates. We'd recommend heading over to this Idea Thread and adding your +Vote to show support.

Hope that helps!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts