Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep Skipping Songs

Keep Skipping Songs

My spotify been running unusual today.  I played the song for about 1 min and then it automatically skipped to another song that not in my playlist.   I checked the forum and reinstalled the app on my android phone, but the problem still there.  Please help!

6 Replies

Hi there @lawyikkiu,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that your mobile app is not working properly. Can you try to run a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this Spotify Answer. This involves deleting all app cache and data.

If that doesn't change anything, can you give us details about your setup - your phone model, OS version and Spotify version?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After I uninstalled the spotify from my samsung galaxy S10 phone, something strange happened. My Onkyo NR676e AV receiver turned on itself and
switched to spotify connect and played those unfamiliar music. The music played for about 1 minute and then played another song that not in the playlist. It felt like someone hacked into my account.

At last, I factory reset the AV receiver and I also uninstalled the spotify app in my 2 Samsung TV. I then reinstalled the app in my S10 phone. The problem no longer exists now.

May I ask what the root cause is? Is it possible that my spotify or AV receiver being hacked? Is it still safe to connect to my AV receiver to play music?

Thanks.

Hi there @lawyikkiu,

Thanks for the info.

If random songs outside of your playlists are playing, there is a possibility that someone has gained access to your account. In this case we'd recommend you follow all the steps in this article to assure that you're the only one who has access to your account.

After you've logged out everywhere and reset your password try connecting to your AV receiver and streaming music again.

Let us know if you encounter more issues.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I tried the steps and changed my password a week ago. But it seems someone gained access to my account again this afternoon. While playing music on my android phone, a pop-up screen saying "you are listening on web player (microsoft edge) and then played some weird music. No matter how many time I switched back to "listen on this phone", it jumped back to web player repeatedly. It was so annoying and I had no choice but to uninstall it and changed my password on web one more time. Is there any way to block the web player? To be honest, I think the Spotify security is weak and I am thinking of unsubscribing it.

lawrence

Hey @lawyikkiu

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If you still experience the issue after performing these steps you might need to try creating a new, strong password and clicking on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE, but this time in a private/incognito window for enhanced security.

We also recommend checking some additional info on how to protect your Spotify account here

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply.

Hi

You just need to sign out and sign in again. Your problem will be solved.

Suggested posts