Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kenwood car radio will not automatically reconnect with Spotify app on Note 3 Smart phone.

Kenwood car radio will not automatically reconnect with Spotify app on Note 3 Smart phone.

I just purchased a new Kenwood KDC X-798 car radio. The Galaxy note 3 smart phone pairs fine with radio but once I turn the car off and get back in it will not pick up the song where I left off. My only solution is to hit the pause button on the head unit once I get back in the car to pick up the current playing song. The problem is I use the car for delivery and literally get in and out of the car a couple hundred times a night and would prefer not to have to search for the pause button every time to start the Spotify app again(or search for the phone and start it that way). I contacted Kenwood and they gave me the standard response that it was a compatibility issue. The Kenwood radio has Pandora and I-heart radio software already installed in the unit so those work fine without having to engage the head unit.

My other car is a Subaru BRZ and Spotify works fine with the stock radio and my note 3.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

2 Replies

Hi. Try A2DP Volume or something similar which you can set to start spotify playback on BT connection. I think the issue is that the head unit doesn't send the play command itself so triggering playback from the mobile instead should work.

Thanks for your help but I downloaded the app and could not get it to start Spotify automatically.

Suggested posts