Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LG G2] Volume changes up and down during the song.

[LG G2] Volume changes up and down during the song.

I see a desktop version of this question but I'm having the same problem volume up/down issue with my mobile device (LG G2, T-Mobile, latest version of both Android and Spotify).

I'll plug in my phone to the car and as I'm driving/listening to a song (in this case "Baby Hold On" by Eddie Money), I am prevented from rocking my heart out because the volume goes up and down automatically during the song.

It's odd because I just switched to the G2 from a Galaxy2 and the Galaxy didn't have any problems with this (so I know it's not the AUX cable). And I'm playing music on my phone right now in my room (w/o the AUX cable, obviously) and there are no volume issues.

So, I feel as if there's something that happens when I plug in my phone (and the phone detects I have plugged in the cable and asks if I want to pick from a variety of apps)...

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

[Insert here an emoji that expresses a lot of gratitude so that I can keep rocking out to Eddie Money]

3 Replies

Do you have any audio effects or equalizers running?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, but I realized these dramatic volume differences happened when I was running the Waze navigation app concurrently with Spotify which is slightly annoying because I can't run both apps at the same time.

I've had the same problem. I realised I had changed the sound settings, using true sound. Since turning it off I've not had a problem. Hope this helps

Suggested posts