Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG G4 CANT Save to SD card at all

Solved!

LG G4 CANT Save to SD card at all

I tried all these trouble shooting steps but, every time I download music it downloads to internal storage and its pissing me the hell off.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The latest beta can be found here:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/#variants

It also seems to have sped up the process of opening Spotify on my phone by 50%! From 30 to 15 seconds. Still not exactly amazing but it's nice to see they are actually doing SOMETHING.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I assume that you are on Android V6 Marshmallow?

In which case, ensure that you have the latest version of Spotify that came out a couple of days ago : 4.70.878

Once installed, you have to authorise the Spotify App to write to SD card.

Via  Settings > Apps > Spotify > Authorisations > Storage

Edit : Just a thought. If Spotify has already established the cache for downloaded music into your internal phone memory, then you may have to delete the cache and redownload to SD, once you've authorised it.  Not sure if you can transfer download from internal memory to SD. Check the Troubleshooting message that is permanent at the top of the forum page.

I'm on software Marshmallow 6.0 but, my device doesn't have any further updates.

My error.

I wrote "..... ensure that you have the latest version of ANDROID that came out a couple of days ago : 4.70.878....".

However, this should be : latest version of SPOTIFY

I have now edited my post.

Have you checked that your Spotify app is updated to latest version?

And that you enabled the storage setting in the Android settings menu?

I just checked and I am an the latest version and J actually have done your suggestion before.I deleted everything Spotify related, cleared cache, reinstalled, enabled permissions and nothing.

I am having the same issue. Spotify won't work ever since i updated to marshmallow. I have an lg4. There isn't a newer version of spotify offered. I enabled permissions in storage settings, but basically I'm paying for a service that i am unable to use.

Latest beta (which I installed because startup time of 30 seconds was... slightly irritating) seems to add this option! So Spotify devs actually DO do something!

2016-02-29 10.26.37.png

Latest beta? What is this? How did you get this?

That happened to me at first after 6.0 and after reinstalling it was fine
Marked as solution

The latest beta can be found here:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/#variants

It also seems to have sped up the process of opening Spotify on my phone by 50%! From 30 to 15 seconds. Still not exactly amazing but it's nice to see they are actually doing SOMETHING.

I don't know what exactly this beta is but, it works. I can save to my SD card in this beta.

Suggested posts