Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LOST OFFLINE SONGS

LOST OFFLINE SONGS

I've seen other similar posts about my problem but I don't think there's an effective solution yet. Every time I go offline, all my downloaded songs and albums go missing but the playlists i made and downloaded always remain. After opening the app again and clicking on songs or albums, it would be empty. Then, when i go online, the songs and albums i have already downloaded will reappear but are made unavailable offline. I really don't know what's causing this problem, I'm pretty sure my memory isn't full yet.
17 Replies

Hey! @itsmepeterrr

Can you tell me what is your Spotify version, and your operating system ?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!

What's a
Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I have the same issue at the moment.

I've lost some songs from albums I had downloaded in full previously. So annoying!

Album is now in bits & pieces
IMG_1946.PNG

Hey @ouv3rt

As I said in my previous answer, can yo tell me the spotify version and the operting system in your phone ?

What's a

iPhone. 10.3.1

Hey @ouv3rt

8.4.0 Isn´t the last Spotify Version for IOS, the lastest public realease for mobile IOS is the 8.4.3 Version.

Please ubdate yor spotify app, If the apple store does not give you the option to update try with a clean reinstallation

Please let me now how it goes.

What's a

I am having a similar issue. I use Spotify on a Sony Xperia XZ with Android 7.1.1. My spotify is version 8.4.3.479 arm V7. I should always have the most up to date version as mine is set to update automatically.

My trouble is that downloads simply disappear without rhyme or reason. I can listen to a downloaded album one day, and it's gone the next. I can download an album in the morning before work, and it's gone when I go to listen to it while travelling to work. My playlists don't seem to have this issue, it's only albums (or similarly complete artists if I've downloaded several albums from the same artist).

It's frustrating, I download music because I don't always have an internet connection for streaming (I also don't want to drain my data allowance by streaming, when I could download via WiFi)

As an example, the attached is a screenshot of one artist on my device. I switched the download switch on just two days ago, downloaded her music via WiFi, and it has mostly gone today (the only tracks still downloaded are in playlists)

I'm not lacking in space on my phone, showing over 12Gb free on my SD card which is where Spotify is storing my music.
Screenshot_20170520-091408.png

This has happened twice for me. First time my data went over by crazy since the songs started downloading again when not on wi-fi. Extremely frustrating and irresponsible of Spotify to allow this to happen when it's a reason people are paying for premium service. It just happened to me again and only a few random songs on my large Playlist are available offline. No solution has been posted for this issue yet so please take this seriously.

This issue happened to me too yesterday. Downloaded albums all gone, but playlists are still here. Very strange... Android 5.1 Spotify 8.4.9.271
It also happened very quickly, I had already listened to several downloaded albums, and suddenly, when I got back to choose another one, there was no more music available offline, except the songs in the playlists... I was on the road driving so I don't think I could have done a false action, except maybe tapping on a bad button ?
For now I have two guesses : 1) sd card / internal memory management issue 2) one of my several junk cleaners wiping downloaded data.

Happened to me last week, and it happened about a month or two ago already. All offline songs gone without apparent reason, except (apparently) those that were included in a playlist.

iOS 10.2.1

Spotify 8.4.8.467

So it's definitely not related to sd card / internal-external storage management, as on iphone/ios devices you only have internal storage... Could it be a storage space cleaner app ?
Another clue, maybe : I remember that when it happened I had no connection at all. No Wi-Fi of course as I was in my car driving, but no cellular as well. Not totally sure of that though... It could be a bug when you're totally offline and the spotify app doesn't recognize your account... But then why the albums and not the playlists ?

And it **bleep**ing happened AGAIN (3rd time). This time on the iPad.

Cancelling the subscription now. Unacceptable, Spotify.

I lost my all song in my library. Please help me

Same here, it keeps loosing my 5Gb of downloaded songs and i have to download it all over again.

I like spotify interface and usability better bud with this problem beying repetitive i'm considering to drop spotify and give a chance to Deezer. 

Is there any solution to this by now? It’s so annoying, keeps happening regularly 😞

My offline playlists keep on disappearing from my SD-card on my Android phone. No matter what I try, including a clean installation.

This problem exists for years now, please solve this Spotify! This is very annoying and rediculous that this problem isn't solved yet! 

Suggested posts