Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last song forgotten

Last song forgotten

Dear community,

some time ago, Spotify for Android always memorized which song was played last when the app was closed and then reopened. After an update, this ability was lost and I thought that this was just a bug and the function would reappear. But up to know, it didn't.

That's why I ask here if somebody knows what happened to this function. Maybe one can activate and deactivate it now and I don't find the switch, maybe it was changed on puropse. Maybe it is just forgotten.

No matter what the reasons are, I found this function very helpful. When you are, say, using Spotify via Bluetooth in your car (and the app opens automatically due to another app), it is very useful to continue playing automatically from the point it was stopped, as you often don't remember where it was, especially when listening to playlists you don't really know ("mix of the week").

Any help with this is much appreciated!

maxkma

5 Replies

Works for me OK. Can you get a clean install?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you, Daniel, it helped. I can't believe I didn't try that by myself.

Sorry, I replied to fast: The problem still occurs when I'm in offline-mode. In the past, it worked offline as well.

Oh. Let me have a look and see if I can replicate

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Could you replicate? Is there a possibility to report something like that to the developers?

Suggested posts