Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest updates that changed the way lists are viewed there seems to be a long lag before lists load

Latest updates that changed the way lists are viewed there seems to be a long lag before lists load

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

DOOGEE BL7000

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

Did the latest update slow down the loading of library lists? Artists,albums,daily mixes are especially affected for me if you wait you can wait up to a minute to be able to view it just stays on green circle or blank screen,if you go back and try again it sometimes appears quicker but having to do this is annoying,something needs fixing it wasn't like that before updates.

Screenshot_20190618-141203.png
2 Replies

Looks like this has had even bigger implications on trying to listen to downloaded albums when using the app when you do not have any reception as it's making some call to a remote server to get a list of albums it should display.

I've never had to use Offline mode to do this and I really hope I don't have to switch between toggling it on and off now. 

This is getting to be ridiculous with Spotify. They come out with these great new "changes" that are supposed to create a better experience but it ends up being a bitter experience. Their usual resposnse is to delete and reinstall. A real great alternative for somebody that has over 2,000 songs downloaded. Their continuous improvement team needs to be... restructered. I have the same problem you just described and am also ticked off that Spotify removed the capital letter over the alphabetical album listing and also removed the song quantity of each playlist in a subscriber's library. I can live with the last two "improvements" but the lag is displaying and playing albums is unacceptable. I just got a competitor's shipping discount service (we all know what it is but are not allowed to post it here) and will be taking advantage of the reduced Pr*me Unlimited Music service they offer. Spotify... you had the best service, why screw with a good thing? 

Suggested posts