Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest version white screen, no login, no playlists, no search, nothing

Solved!

Latest version white screen, no login, no playlists, no search, nothing

Every since the latest patch, I have been completely unable to use Spotify on my Galaxy S3.  I open the ap, and get the black bar at the top with the menu option in the top left corner and Spotify next to it.  No option to log in, nothing.  When I select the menu, it brings up another blank whit screen with no option to search, playlists, radio, anything.

First I tried uninstalling the ap, and reinstalling, and it did the same thing.

I tried this several times with any variations I could think of uninstalling and reinstalling, and still nothing.

Then I cam here and read and followed the steps to go to application manager, delete the cache, force stop, uninstall the ap, deleted the com.spotify from phone and SD card, turn the device off, restart the device, reinstall the ap from Google Play store.

Same thing as before, white screen, no option, no menu, no nothing.

I expect the ap to work.  I get nothing.  I can't play any songs or do anything with it.

I've tried restartin several times.

Connnectionisn't the problem.

Device is Samsung Galaxy S3

Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Premium Account

Available space: 5.4G, 9.2G SD

Device is not rooted.

Was on SD card.

Only Google Play versions, nothing earlier.

WiFi/Mobile doesn't matter.

Spotify version 0.5.12.52

Verizon

Username: 1238927010

Only use facebook to login.

Pics are here and here

78 Replies

That's interesting - has anyone else had any success with this?

@jhwalker wrote:
my solution... open new account with new login name and password... if you can login and use the account log out... log back in with your original user name and password. the white screen of death is gone in all my playlist are there they will need to be downloaded again. good luck I hope it works as well for you!

Instead of trying those workarounds you can also just install the previous version 0.6.0.20. For me the blank screen issue never appeared with this version and maybe this can help you until the Spotify Developers fix this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiqpx1qx6n2y3og/Spotify%200.6.0.20.apk

I have exact same issue in last couple of days on my galaxy s2. Actually had this briefly about a month ago but a subsequent release seemed to address it.
What I see here is a very consistent set of user examples. What I don't see is any follow up or feed back from Spotify. Is there a fix or workaround offered by Spotify that someone can point me to? Or are they ignoring paying customers?
If there are any Spotify employees out there I would love to hear from someone about restoring my access to the service I am purchasing from you.

That is my main issue - where the hell is Spotify in all of this? I just downloaded a previous version and re-established all my music and then last night well I slept  - autoupdate brought me to a more recent version and the commute to work was again time spent with Pandora. Infuriating.

Marked as solution

We're here, don't worry. You haven't been forgotten about.

The team are still working on getting this fixed. Keep an eye out for any new or future releases (and we'll keep you updated with everything anyway).

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Apppreciate that Richard.

jwylot wrote:

That's interesting - has anyone else had any success with this?

Signing in with a different account, signing out, then signing in with the crippled account, cannot do anything more than a reinstall or deleting the cache accomplishes.  Deleting the app, or at least clearing cache, is necessary to obtain the log-in screen in the first place.  This cannot be done with a white screen.

If you clear the cache for the app the white screen will be gone, you will have your playlists, but you will need to download your offline content again.  When whatever circumstances that caused the white screen to happen occur again, the white screeen will return because it is a flaw in the software.  

Anyway, work-arounds are not solutions if the flaw is in the software itself.

Mark

Just tried the latest 0.6.4.46 on my galaxy s3, and I'm still getting the blank/white screen.  I've cleaned the cache, cleared out everything on my sd card, uninstalled it , reinstalled 0.5.3.56 (which works fine), logged out of the accoun, updated to 0.6.4.46, then got  the white screen again.

I think I'm gonna cancel my premium account until this gets fixed, it's been around too long.

Richard schreef:

We're here, don't worry. You haven't been forgotten about.

The team are still working on getting this fixed. Keep an eye out for any new or future releases (and we'll keep you updated with everything anyway).

Version 0.6.4.46 has resolved the white-screen problem on my Motorola Razr-M.  I get messages and a graceful shutdown when the SD card "vanishes", instead of watching my library get deleted when my phone screws up.  Since the update the phone, the OS or Spotify have misbehaved, but instead of needing to delete Spotify and start over, the program handles the errors in a sensible way.  Folders are useable in offline mode, too.

Thank you.  

Mark

--

6.4.46 on HTC one seems to have fixed this for me

Still broken for me as of 0.6.4.47 (verizon gs3).  Still only getting a white screen with the top black bar and the "settings" icon.  hitting the icon just slide the screen to the right, revealing more white space.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-1535)
Android Version 4.1.2
Kernel Version:  3.0.31-1152558

I login using my FB credentials and the app recognizes my playslists,  but doesn't allow me to play radio nor does it recognize my radio stations.  Then after about 5 seconds, I get the white screen and it asks me to link to my FB acct and login.  I'm unable to search for an artist to start a new radio station.

There seem to be issues affecting spotify radio and facebook connected accounts at present. This has been escalated and hopefully will be fixed soon.

I was finally able to get the latest version working on my Galaxy S3 without hitting the white screen of death.

1) Clean the program cache, then uninstall Spotify.

2) Go to the phone's "System Settings/Back Up And Reset" page and uncheck "Automatic Restore" (Possibly also "Back Up My Data")

3) Shut down the phone and remove the sd card.

4) Restart the phone and re-install the latest Spotfy version from the Play Store.  (Hopefully you'll get past the white screen at this point).

5) Shut down the phone, re-install the sd card, then restart.

6) At this point, you can turn the Automatic Restore/Backup options back on.

I am having the same problem on my desktop,white screen where playlist or followers should be.  I can't see who is following my playlist. The white screen only shows up when I try and scroll up the page, been going on since last update. Any fix yet.

Could you post in the desktop client or web player section, as appropriate and include details of your operating system and spotify client version if you are using it, thanks. You're far more likely to get a reply there than by tacking onto an old thread concerning android mobile devices.

I'm having the white screen / white slide-out menu issue as well from time to time. I'm using Spotify 0.7.1.407 on my Motorola Droid RAZR M from Verizon. It's running Android 4.1.2.

Screenshot_2013-10-15-18-03-16.png

@or3n I just replied to your other post. Let's keep this in the one thread please.

S3 user here with the white screen.

android 4.1.2

kernal 3.0.31-1152558

white screen shows immediately.

kind of sad, really to see this still a problem. not a happy camper.

Suggested posts