Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Leaving Spotify: Any Recommendations & How to move Artists from Spotify to Deezer

Leaving Spotify: Any Recommendations & How to move Artists from Spotify to Deezer

Plan

Premium

Country 

Ireland

Device

Android One Plus 6

Operating System

OxygenOS

My Question or Issue

The latest Android update has made the spotify app an unusable mess. Since they are never going to roll this back after clearly there was a lot wasted hours on this garbage pile of an update. Absolutely abhorrent UX.

I was wondering what other music services people have tried? I've been on Spotify since if first came out.

I was going to test out Deezer but I can't seem to figure out an easy to move all my artists over from spotify. Does anyone know how to do this?

4 Replies

I don't know about moving artists, but I've moved playlists over. I've used soundiz. It has a number of options, but I haven't tried them all.

I think Deezer is a good alternative, however, there is a similarity to what Spotify is trying to do in that you like songs, albums, and artist separately (you can like an artist without liking or saving a song and vice versa). But, the nice thing is that any song you liked is marked as such in the album view. You can play the album without saving any of the songs. But if you d like/heart a song, it is marked with a ❤️ where ever that song is located (in an album or playlist).

Keep in mind though that there is no saved library or saved songs folder per se. There's the "favorites" playlist that is Auto created for every song you ❤️, just like Spotify. This favorites list feeds their "Flow." However, this list and every playlist is limited to 2,000 tracks. 

Thanks a million for the response. 
I actually found a way on reddit to revert back to the old Spotify app.

So I'm blissfully using Spotify without the terrible new design.

Thanks again though.

FYI - some aspects of the latest update appear to be a server side change.  Even after downgrading, the album section of my library only shows albums I've liked.

Please explain for those of us that would like to go back to the classic format.

Suggested posts