Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library Feature - Browse by Arist, Album, etc.

Library Feature - Browse by Arist, Album, etc.

Does anybody else find it astonishing that there is no way to browse through your entire collection (starred) by artist or album alphabetically (i.e. library mode)?  This has been a basic feature ever since day one of iPods / MP3 players yet seems to be omitted from almost every online streaming service I have come across, does anybody know if there is a licesnsing restriction which is preventing this being implemented?

What I really want (and so do a lot of other users looking at posts), is the ability to browse the music on the device the same way as if it would have been purchased and manually sync'd across, is this really too much to ask for?  Whenever this has been asked before, it is just marked as 'under consideration' for years on end.

This is the only problem I have with Spotify (apart from the ugly interface of the desktop app), and I think the service is excellent otherwise.  If something like this isn't implemented soon though, I will be making the switch to Rdio or Google Play Music All Access if it is announced in the UK.

5 Replies

I completely agree. 

Why is this still missing? I don't want to have to search through playlists.

I want to be able to look at a Library of all off-line downloaded music by Artist/Album/etc. 

Is this what the 'Collection' feature is aiming to do?

Collection goes some way to achieving this altthough, at the moment, it doesn't list downloaded albums seperately except under playlists view. But you can browse your collection by artist or album.

This is my biggest complaint. I would like to remain with spotify.com, but google play has features of being able to look through my library by artist and album. It is incredibly inconvenient to have to do a search every single time I want to find an album or artist that is buried in my starred playlist. 

Spotify, PLEASE update and add better library browsing options! 

It's coming. I'm not sure if this is specific to the  collection beta but I can sort tracks in a playlist now by recently added, thack name, album name and artist name which is pretty handy for a large mixed playlist like starred.

Just as above said this is basically the Collection feature that's in its beta fase right know. Apply for it to see if it's what you're looking for. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts