Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library not syncing

Library not syncing

Plan

Premium (on another account)

Country

USA 

Device

ZTE Z798BL

Operating System

Android 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

After I signed up for Spotify Premium (specifically, Premium for Students) on my computer, I downloaded and logged into the app on my cell phone. I didn't download any music; in fact, I didn't really do much of anything else with Spotify after that. I did, however, "clean out" my Favorite Songs on my laptop, something I'd been meaning to do for ages.

This morning, I added some new music to my Favorite Songs on my phone, when I noticed that my libraries weren't synced. I found some old Community posts about how to sync my phone and my laptop, and tried the recommended steps I could find (put both devices into "offline" mode for 5-10 minutes, then turn online mode back on) and it worked for my computer, but my phone is still not updating at all. I really don't want to have to go back and clear out my Favorite Songs again. It was tedious enough on my computer (and that's only with one button as opposed to the multi-step process to remove songs from the app), and besides that, I don't know what kind of havoc I could unintentionally wreak on my Favorite Songs on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Edit: I know that deleting/reinstalling the app will solve the issue, and I know that logging out and back in doesn't.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this, and apologies for the late reply! 

Just to confirm, did you say that a reinstall helped you fix the issue? If not, then we'll be happy to help you further - just let us know 🙂

Take care for now!

Suggested posts