Library view is different than usual

Solved!

Library view is different than usual

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

My Question or Issue

The library view is different than usual. (As seen on the screenshot) I know it's a minor thing, but I'm still annoyed of it, I'm just used to the standart library. Is there a way to fix it?

Screenshot_2019-03-24-00-20-36.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

To find out more about the changes we've made to Your Library and the way music is now saved, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope that helps! Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi zStarGore,

Thanks for getting in touch with the community!

I'm unaware of any updates and my library looks normal.

Spotify might be testing some beta-version or a new feature/design on random users. This in order to collect user data to improve the app. It has happened before, when some users could "heart" favorite songs instead of "save" to their library.

It will probably reset back to normal in a few days. If not, contact Spotify directly through their Contact Form and you will probably get a better explanation.

Technical issues -> Other -> "I still need help"

All the best,

Robert

Hey @zStarGore.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It looks like you have the new Your Library now. All your saved music is still in the Songs and Albums section. In the Artists section you'll see the Artist profiles of the artists you follow.

Hope this clarifies some things! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I have the same problem. I can't see the all songs that I used to shuffle on a long drive. Is there a way to return this option to my library?

Please see attached screen grab.

Screenshot_20190327-071005_Spotify.jpg

Can you let us know how to navigate to that section on the mobile app, as it doesn't appear to exist. 

Its out of it i want to get. No idea how it looks like that

Mine changed to the same view you have during the last update. I was asking to see if Guido could instrcut us how to get to the songs view because he keeps telling people it is there but I haven't been able to find it. I agree, it's terrible and I would like to go back to the previous version. 

Ah my apologies. Yes its **bleep** terrible

Hi @,

The problem is, there is no "Songs" section anymore, just Playlist / Artist / Album.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

To find out more about the changes we've made to Your Library and the way music is now saved, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope that helps! Stay awesome 🙂

Peter,

I have read it and it incorrectly states the following:

• Note 1: your saved songs now appear in the Liked Songs playlist. Here, you will find any individual songs that you have saved from an album, as well as any songs that you have liked in a Made For You playlist.

None of the songs I had saved (including those downloaded to my device) appear in this playlist. The only songs that appear are songs that I have like from playlists. I created a separate playlist manually of all the songs that I have downloaded on to my device so that I am able to shuffle them and there are over 7,000 songs. My Liked songs playlist has 107 songs. 

This update doesn't seem to be streamlining anything in my opinion. 

Why can i not have my all songs option though?

1 individual song download from an artist is not enough for justification
of a favourite tag on the song.

I prefer to make these decisions for myself

Peter

Hey @Mellercopter.

Thanks for pointing this out. 

I have now edited the Spotify Answer, which should now read as follows:

• Note 1: when you like a song, it will now be saved to your Liked Songs playlist.

+ @Filthypete - If you'd like to leave feedback regarding the recent changes to Your Library, we suggest you check out this idea.

Thanks!

Agreed this is awful. Every other music service shows every artist for which you have music liked/saved in the artists list. No idea why this was changed and I'm close to cancelling my family subscription as a result as weeks later I'm still struggling to find music.

I certainly don't want to go and "Follow" every artist because I don't see why I should have to go through every one to do it and also because I don't want playlist/email updates etc. for all of them - just some.

It's a mess, please just undo it.

I follow all of the artist I have songs saved for...still doesn't work. I
just switched from Amazon music, which is free with my Prime subscription,
to Spotify premium, which I pay for. Contemplating switching back despite
the better music selection from Spotify. It's not worth the hassle if it's
a four hour process to get to listen to my music.

The update is terrible.  It is design to promote following artists.   Spotify made a horrible update.  

Artist tab UI.jpg

Suggested posts