Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I cannot get my Liked Songs playlist to play on any device via WiFi. All other playlists work fine via WiFi, but Liked Songs will not play at all. If I start the playlist on my phone speaker and then try to connect to the WiFi device, it just keeps saying "Connecting" but never connects. Of I'm already connected to a WiFi device and try to play the Liked Songs playlist, it will not play and continues to play the current playlist. 

I'm having this issue on both an Audio Pro C10 and Google Home. All other playlists play fine over WiFi so it can't be a connectivity issue but is more likely some account or app issue. 

I have tried other WiFi networks with the same devices and still have the same issue. All firmware is up to date and the app is the latest version. 

Please help me as this is driving me mad. I paid to upgrade to Premium for the Spotify Connect service but it just will not work. 

14 Replies

Is anyone able to help with this please?

Hey there @Crisis_Nine

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Help's here!

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your phone to see if they can replicate this?

It would also be helpful to know the exact Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Novy.

I have had somebody else log into their Spotify account on my phone and they were not able to replicate the issue. They were able to play their liked songs and pick any song to listen to on all devices without issue. 

I logged back into my account and the issue still persists. 

I am running Spotify version 8.6.30.889.

Hi @Crisis_Nine

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Would you mind sending over a video or a screen recording where we can take a better look at this issue? It will help us investigate further. 

You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

Hi Novy.

this is a video of somebody else signed in on my phone showing the process working as it should.

And this is a video of what happens when I am logged in and try to play my liked songs.

Hi again @Crisis_Nine

Thanks for the info. 

Just to confirm, does the same thing happen when you're not using Connect? 

If possible, could you give it a try using a different device to see if you notice anything new?

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

Hi Novy. 

No, the same thing does not happen when I'm not using connect. It it only when I am using connect that this issue occurs. 

I have tried it on other devices and it is still the same. 

Hey @Crisis_Nine

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Could you try performing a clean reinstall of the app to see if there's any difference? The steps in this guide will be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator

Hi Novy.

Thank you for your reply.

I have completed a full clean reinstall and the issue still remains. 

Hey @Crisis_Nine,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try logging in with a different account like a free one, to check if this issue is account related or network related.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Alex.

I've logged in with two different Premium accounts recently and they both worked fine. It is only my account that seems to have this issue. 

Hey there @Crisis_Nine,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case, there might be an issue with your account itself. Sometimes accounts break and the best way forward is creating a new account.

You can follow this Guide to transfer your music Library over, so nothing will get lost. Before doing this we recommend using a free account for a couple of days to make sure everything there works fine.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex.

I currently pay for a Premium account on this profile. How do I get that over on to my new profile and avoid being charged twice?

Hey @Crisis_Nine,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Currently there is no option to transfer a subscription. You can give these steps a go and cancel your Premium subscription.

Once the account is on free, you can active Premium on the new account.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts