Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked songs filters styles are broken. The chips are jumbled on Android.

Liked songs filters styles are broken. The chips are jumbled on Android.

The filter chips at the top of the liked songs playlist are all jumbled up and unusable after one of the recent updates. The styles are just broken.
13 Replies

Screenshot_20221215-070146.png

For Reference

Hi there @donkerrigan,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I only see it on my phone. I am using the following:

Phone:
- Google Pixel 3
- Build #: SP1A.210812.016.C2

Spotify
- Version: 8.7.92.521

Hey there @donkerrigan

Thanks for sending us this info. 

First up, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to see if that makes the difference. 

If this doesn't do the trick, It's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these specific steps. 

If the issue persists after performing a clean reinstall, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Looks like that was the issue. I performed a reinstall earlier and the problem persisted, but after following the clean reinstall steps the filters showed up as expected.

Thank you!

Well it is happening again. Perhaps a clean reinstall was only a temporary solution?

Screenshot_20221226-073054.png

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10-E

Operating System

Android 12 

My Question or Issue

Screenshots included. The music-genres listed at the top of the page overlap each other when phone is in portrait orientation, but I can still scroll them left to right in portrait orientation. If I flip orientation to Landscape, the categories do not overlap each other, but I can no longer scroll left or right. This issue has been around for months, said nothing before because I assumed others were having the issue, assumed it was an easy fix as well.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Screenshots.

Screenshot_20221226-190307_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20221226-184050_Spotify.jpg

  

Hey @donkerrigan,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you changed any display/accessibility settings on your phone since the last reinstall? Does reinstalling again fix the issue?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Hi,

I don't believe I have changed any settings on my phone. Definitely not any accessibility settings at least. Performing a clean reinstall of the app seems to fix the issue again. I will keep monitoring it to see if it occurs again after some time and use and if it does I'll try to note any potential changes that were made. Very odd.

Hey @donkerrigan,

Thanks for your reply.

If a clean reinstall fixes the issue, it's probably best to check your phone's settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception in any memory-optimizing services or antivirus software that might be corrupting the app's cache.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

MihailYModerator

Phone:
- Samsung Galaxy S10-e
- Build #: SP1A.210812.016.G970USQU7IVH3 

Spotify
- Version: 8.7.92.521

Performed a clean install as instructed by the hyperlink above (clearing cache and storage, reinstall, log out/in). Now, the genre chips do not overlap one another, but draw correctly instead. However I still cannot scroll to the right (both in Portrait mode and Landscape mode) to access the rest of the genre chips. The genre chips that I can see on my phone screen still work, but I can only access the first four that draw on the screen. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hey @Dexkboss,

Thanks for the reply and the troubleshooting tried so far.

We're aware of an issue with scrolling the genre chips on some Android devices and have relayed the info provided to our tech team for further investigation. We can't commit to a timeframe of a fix though and hope for your understanding.

Thank you!

DianModerator

Suggested posts