Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening to local files on Android App

Solved!

Listening to local files on Android App

I have an album that isn't available yet on spotify and want to use it on the mobile app

I created a playlist but all the tracks were greyed out even though the tracks are on my phone

can anyone tell what I need to do to get them to sync up so I can listen to my music on the app

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You have to import your local files into the desktop app and then sync them to the Android app via WiFi.

There used to be a devices section that allowed you to do this, but it hasn't been put back in yet.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own (not just the built in local files playlist) so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

You have to import your local files into the desktop app and then sync them to the Android app via WiFi.

There used to be a devices section that allowed you to do this, but it hasn't been put back in yet.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own (not just the built in local files playlist) so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Thank you that worked perfectly 🙂

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts