Local File help on Android

Highlighted

Local File help on Android

MattyG11

I have some local files on my desktop that can be played through spotify on the desktop, i have added some to a playlist that I want to be able to listen to on my phone (I am a premium user). 

However when I follow the procedure of going onto that playlist and tap the available offline button the local files won't download and the message "Waiting to download." appears.

I followed the guide on the Local Files page but as shown it did not work, any suggestions?

3 Replies

Re: Local File help on Android

Joe
Community Legend
  • Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

TheLastDogMiner
Music Fan

It still refuses to work even when on mobile hotspot. 

Joe
Community Legend

Are you sure you haven't exceeded the song limit? You have plenty of free space on your device?

SUGGESTED POSTS