Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files -- Album Art

Solved!

Local Files -- Album Art

Cannot figure this out. I've tried various tag editors, iTunes, various image sizes. No matter what I do, I cannot get embedded album art to work on the mobile side. It works fine on Windows or Ubuntu, but I get the generic album art on Android. Any ideas? What's the trick to this?
26 Replies
Marked as solution

Thanks for your help. It turns out the issue was caused by my username having an ! At the end lol

Made a new one and it's working like a charm.

Thanks.

Alright, you're welcome! 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. The album art of local files displays well on OSX, but not on my Android phone.

Are you definitely embedding the art into the tag? The instructions provided in this thread will probably resolve your issue. My case was strange due to my username having a special character. The mp3tag program mentioned earlier in the thread should work.

I used opensource program kid3 with ID3v2.3 embedding. The album art correctly displays in desktop application but not on my Android phone.

My username uses also has a strange Unicode character (it's Đalar). Can this really be related to this bug?

Edit. Well, I changed my ID3 encoding to UTF-8 but it didn't help. Is there a bug tracker where I can post this issue?

Edit: I'd bet that character might be the issue. I'd open a ticket with support about it and ask. They already know of its existence. Do you have any friends with Spotify? You might test with another account. (Support actually gave me a temporary test login.) You might try EasyTag if you're running Linux.Works with default settings for me.

hi spotify! i really miss being able to organize my playlists by album art-work, its so much harder trying to find a specific album without them.  can you put that feature back into spotify please?

Suggested posts